No announcement yet.

Taskmaster Conversion, which company???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taskmaster Conversion, which company???

As many of you are having to do I'm sure is convert away from Taskmaster. Our company currently has 2 facilities and I'm trying to figure out what the best software option is for us to convert to. I have looked at several and I just seem to be getting overwhelmed with all the options. We currently have a website and pay at the gate with Taskmaster, but I can't seem to find a company that offers everything that we currently have. Does anyone have any suggestions on a company to look at or have you made a conversion from Taskmaster to a new company. How did that go and which company did you switch to? Any help would be very beneficial to me. Thank You!

Re: Taskmaster Conversion, which company???

Originally posted by Redisle View Post
    As many of you are having to do I'm sure is convert away from Taskmaster. Our company currently has 2 facilities and I'm trying to figure out what the best software option is for us to convert to. I have looked at several and I just seem to be getting overwhelmed with all the options. We currently have a website and pay at the gate with Taskmaster, but I can't seem to find a company that offers everything that we currently have. Does anyone have any suggestions on a company to look at or have you made a conversion from Taskmaster to a new company. How did that go and which company did you switch to? Any help would be very beneficial to me. Thank You!
    Give quikstor a call. We have pay/rent unit online ( Love it ) and they do have pay at gate. Although I do not know if for that you may have to use Quikstor keypads???
    Joe Krezdorn
    DAK Self Storage
    Leesport, PA 19533
    www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

I'm in the process of converting from Taskmaster to SyraSoft...I'm a little nervous, as I've had TM for eight years...Practice is the only way. I just hate to be sitting there, not knowing what I'm doing! Geeze!
      Be Careful Out There...

Comment

Redisle,

My name is Casey Huberty and I am the Marketing Manager with eMove - WebSelfStorage Management Software. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to our management software. I can also set up a live demo session and walk you through our software. We have had several locations switch from Taskmaster to WebSelfStorage, with no problems. Please feel free to contact me at 602-263-6731.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
        Casey Huberty
        Marketing Manager
        eMove Inc. - WebSelfStorage
        602-263-6731
        [email protected]
        www.webselfstorage.com

Comment

OK, I've started SyraSoft today, and I'm in a panic! I have Tech Support, but my Falcon is not letting me enter 24 hour codes...Mine (of course) being the most important! Tonight, I had to make sure I was home before 7:00, so I could get in the gate!

If there is somewhere else I should be asking for help, please let me know. I didn't get to see a 'sample version' before the 'powers' set it up, so now, I'm not even sure it's the right software! It seems like sooo much more work.I don't mind, but we're paying more $$$ and working harder...HELP!
          Be Careful Out There...

Comment

Just wanted to update my SyraSoft post.

Day three, and it's a whole new world! My gate issues were resolved, I've asked hundreds of questions, and the Tech Support guys are wonderful! Not one ever said (or implied) that I was as dumb as I felt!
            My 'butterflies' are slowing down, and I'm very relaxed...except for one or two tiny problems...

Thanks Mickie and Eric from the SyraSoft team. You saved my life!
            Be Careful Out There...

Comment

VeronikkaMarrz

I’m glad things are coming together for your TM conversion. We are going to be converting from PTI/TM in the near future. I’ve been holding off trying to weed through and figure out all the info S/W vendors are promoting. One of my main concerns is the compatibility and interaction with Falcon.

Questions:
              Are you using Falcon 2000 or FalconXT?

Are your units alarmed and can you assign individual access zones from within Syrasoft?

Have there been any issues when tenants have multiple units, false alarms, lockout, etc?

I know learning a new program can be hectic, however, does Falcon still do it’s thing in the background or are you having to jump to Falcon and enter data?

What are some of the other issues with the conversion?

Thanks for the posting, it’s a great help.
              Last edited by SMSSId; 30 January 2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMSSId View Post
                VeronikkaMarrz

Iím glad things are coming together for your TM conversion. We are going to be converting from PTI/TM in the near future. Iíve been holding off trying to weed through and figure out all the info S/W vendors are promoting. One of my main concerns is the compatibility and interaction with Falcon.

Questions:
                Are you using Falcon 2000 or FalconXT?

Are your units alarmed and can you assign individual access zones from within Syrasoft?

Have there been any issues when tenants have multiple units, false alarms, lockout, etc?

I know learning a new program can be hectic, however, does Falcon still do itís thing in the background or are you having to jump to Falcon and enter data?

What are some of the other issues with the conversion?

Thanks for the posting, itís a great help.
                SMS SID
                My facility uses Falcon 2000, and have no alarms. Syrasoft works well with Falcon. Codes are entered at time of rental, or changed through the Tenant info. screen in Syrasoft.
                Falcon still runs in the background, and I can view activity, with a click!
                No issues with tenants having multiple units, as only one code is assigned.

As I said, Syrasoft is great, and the techs will walk you through anything! I'm very pleased!
                Good Luck!
                Be Careful Out There...

Comment

We moved to DoorSwap. Best decision we ever made. I made this post a few minutes ago. So I dont have to rewrite it I'll paste it below:

We develop and manage four facilities in the Southeast under the Storage Towne of America brand. We started using Taskmaster years ago (which is a decision I still regret). For years we struggled with the customer service and the software itself. When I finally read that Chamberlain was not supporting TM anymore I started looking for other options. Everything I looked at had to have some local program running on the machine in the office (this does not include the gate software). I wanted to find a completely cloud based system because of all the advantages a completely cloud based system can offer.

Fortunately, I found DoorSwap. I was told about DoorSwap from one of our metal building vendors. Soon after calling them Bill Ford and Joel Washburn of DoorSwap came and saw us. One of the first things they said was that we would be blown away by their focus on customer service. Everyone says that when they are trying to get your business but it is rarely true. In this case Bill and Joel could not have been more right. With no money upfront, no set up fees, these guys worked tirelessly to get our systems set up and away from TaskMaster. Chamberlain would let our data go so Bill and Joel worked to find ways around the problem. They seamlessly took all four facilites from TM to DoorSwap with NO INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS. Because of the work they did behind the scenes my managers just started using the program on the day we ask them to.

I really canot say enough good things about them as a company. I know there are other small and medium sized storage facilities out there that are looking to get away from that horrible software and who dislike Chamberlain customer service. You will not regret getting involved with DoorSwap in any way. Feel free to contact me with any questions or just hit the guys up at DoorSwap.com. (662) 323-5350.

Brown Gill
                  Storage Towne of America
                  Memphis, TN

Comment

Originally posted by WebSelfStorage View Post
                    Redisle,

My name is Casey Huberty and I am the Marketing Manager with eMove - WebSelfStorage Management Software. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to our management software. I can also set up a live demo session and walk you through our software. We have had several locations switch from Taskmaster to WebSelfStorage, with no problems. Please feel free to contact me at 602-263-6731.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
                    wow, Emove said they have no problems converting from TM ? A statement like that would be my first warning about a company. Maybe they ment if things go wrong it's your problem not theirs?

Comment

Hey Veronikka, we put a simple garage door opening type sensor ($30) inside one of our gate motors. It comes with two garage door clickers. We installed ours on an exit gate near our front door. We can also program the garage door opener button in our car to open the gate. This allows us in and out no matter what status the gate system is in. Heck, the computer can be down & we can still get in & out. Well... unless the power is out.
                      Gina 6k
                      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Redisle, And others that have had to change from Taskmaster to ???.
                        I was in the same spot in 12-2010 and I too was overwhelmed with trying to figure out which to switch to. Well, here's my story. I decided to go with
                        Web Self Storage, due to the fact that they are web based and the cost and benefits. Well what a surprise it was. Your Taskmaster software did not transfer half of the tenant information that I was expecting.
                        I realize that it is not web self storage fault. it was Taskmaster.
                        I will say, that it took 3 employees AT least 2-3 weeks to get info that we needed transfered. SO BE SURE AND UNDERSTAND THAT WILL BE A TASK THAT WILL NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR.

I wish I had my taskmaster back. WSS is not TM for sure. You don't realize how good your old system is until you have to change.

I have had many other problems, but I want to give it a 6 month try, but
                        not sure if I will be changing before then..

If anyone would like to talk - email me

You can email me: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Does A Lot View Post
                          Redisle, And others that have had to change from Taskmaster to ???.
                          I was in the same spot in 12-2010 and I too was overwhelmed with trying to figure out which to switch to. Well, here's my story. I decided to go with
                          Web Self Storage, due to the fact that they are web based and the cost and benefits. Well what a surprise it was. Your Taskmaster software did not transfer half of the tenant information that I was expecting.
                          I realize that it is not web self storage fault. it was Taskmaster.
                          I will say, that it took 3 employees AT least 2-3 weeks to get info that we needed transfered. SO BE SURE AND UNDERSTAND THAT WILL BE A TASK THAT WILL NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR.

I wish I had my taskmaster back. WSS is not TM for sure. You don't realize how good your old system is until you have to change.

I have had many other problems, but I want to give it a 6 month try, but
                          not sure if I will be changing before then..

If anyone would like to talk - email me

You can email me: [email protected]
                          Carol,

My facility recently switched from Rent Plus to Web Self Storage and we have had a smooth transition. I know this is a post for Taskmaster, but we were in the same boat as your facility. We had a couple of issues that came up during the transition, but the folks at Web Self Storage were able to walk us through and resolved the issue in a timely manner. I know my managers and myself were resistant to the change at first, but as we have gotten familiar with it, it is a very user friendly and robust software program. Just like any new program, there is going to be a learning curve. When we first started Rent Plus, we had no prior experience with that program, but all it takes is time to get the hang of it. Hang in there and I assure you this program will benefit you and your facility.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinWA
                            Ideas? We have this greasy dirt
                            by KrisinWA
                            and re-painted doors, so I can't have them pressure wash them. I wanted to know if anyone had a surefire dirt remover for their roll up doors? I'm thinking of squirt of dawn soap and vinegar in water. Anyone have something better?...
                            Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                          • KrisinWA
                            Reply to Tenant Points Gun at Manager
                            by KrisinWA
                            A lot of managers are by themselves, including me-most of the time. I have to do the rounds by myself and I wouldn't even think twice about lifting an unlocked door to check if it's empty or whatever....
                            Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                          • Gina6k
                            Reply to Artistic Endeavors
                            by Gina6k
                            I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed...
                            Yesterday, 05:49 PM
                          Working...
                          X