POLL - Did you buy a lottery ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL - Did you buy a lottery ticket?

With the biggest lottery in history drawing being held tomorrow night, did you buy a ticket (or several) and what would you do with the money?
    YES
    73.68%
    No
    26.32%

The poll is expired.

Stephanie Tharpe
    President
    A+ Management Group, LP
    Nashville, TN
    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Re: POLL - Did you buy a lottery ticket?

I did! And I'm pretty sure the first thing I would do is give every single person I know at least $100,000 and help some of my favorite charities. I don't know what I would do with the rest though, that amount of money is just obscene!
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Cloud Software
    k[email protected]
    Toll Free: 877.672.6257
    Direct: 951.867.4732

Comment

Will buy a few after work today.. I would take care of my parents, pay off both of their mortgages and get them all set up first and foremost. I would buy me a house (just a regular one, not too fancy) and a 1967 Shelby GT500. Then I would start a non-profit that would mass produce dog wheelchairs at no charge to the dog owners.
      You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

All-U-Can Storage
      www.allucanstorage.com
      https://www.facebook.com/AllUCanStorage1/?ref=hl
      https://www.linkedin.com/profile/pre...primary-button

Comment

I bought yesterday, 5 quick picks, and if I won I would donate first to Wounded Warriors, everyone I know would get a bit-even the ones I don't really like, make sure that my brother is taken care of, travel all over the world and whatever manager on here is not getting enough for what they do will get a bonus from me. I would then look for a producer, director and screen writer and make a movie, with some star power, about the storage facility business. I would have Ashley Dawn do the music score for it, too!

Comment

I plan to pick up a couple on the way home tonight. I would start by paying off my home, repair and remodel my mom's home, make sure my kids are set with a nice tuition fund, give some to my sisters and their families and some friends. I would buy three modest homes for myself; one near Death Valley, one near Niagara Falls and one at Myrtle Beach, then I would travel. I would also make a hefty donation to Special Olympics and the Autism Society.

Comment

For 2 bucks ..... you gotta take a shot.

Comment

My boyfriend went across the border to buy tickets for us and all our friends. I sent him with all the US cash we had left over from our vacation last year. The odds are not in our favor, but hey, someone's gotta win at some point.

What would I do with the money? Well, I'd retire, buy a beautiful, modest house in the mountains, and live out my days eating good food prepared by my personal chef, traveling the world, and making a difference everywhere I went. With that kind of money, you can do a lot of good.

All my friends would have new homes, free and clear, and my two faithful employees at my location would retire immediately, the one who has six children would have all their schooling paid for, and a home big enough for their entire family. The other, I'd send her on a long cruise, with both her kids and their wives, I'd hire someone to watch her cat for her, and just make sure she enjoyed herself. Both of them are devout Christians, and both churches have hefty mortgages. I'd pay those off completely.

My boyfriend wants to buy up every townhouse in our complex except those of the people he doesn't like, and control the condo board, but I figure with that kind of money I can talk him into just walking away...I hope!

He also wants to go into space. I'd let him, as long as he married me first, and we made sure everything went to me if he didn't come back.

But honestly, I'd just want to make sure I was set for life, then start helping everyone around me.

Comment

We bought for Saturday so I am sure we will buy for tomorrow's. As most have said I would make sure my parents & my mother in law were taken care of, then funds set for each of my step kids. From there a home for us in the mountains, one on a tropical beach, and one here in Ohio as well. I would also split my charitable donations between a few close to home .. Colon Cancer Research, Operation Homefront, & a few local Soup Kitchen/Homeless Shelters. I wouldn't fully retire, but have a part time job or volunteer my time.
                Canton, OH - Hall of Fame City

Comment

Wow, what a great question. I'd get a lawyer and a CPA. Then I'd take care of my kids-pay off my oldest's college and set her up for life, pay for my younger's college after he gets out of the Army and set him up as well (he's my end of the world doom's day kid-he'll probably build a bunker) I'd pay off my sister's mortgages and make sure they can relax in their retirement. Take care of my employees so they could relax as well,
                  I'd buy a house on the beach, travel and give a large check to the USO and the Gary Sinise Foundation.
                  An apple a day keeps ANYONE away if you throw it hard enough.

Comment

GREAT answers!! I of course, would BUY Disney World and then give trips to families who can't afford it.

I would also like to be an "Undercover Millionaire" like the show. That would be cool.

Of course, parents, children and grandchildren would be taken care of.
                    Stephanie Tharpe
                    President
                    A+ Management Group, LP
                    Nashville, TN
                    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Step one - Get a financial adviser, a lawyer, and a publicist.
                      Step two - pay off all bills of mine and my best friend and his wife. They have helped us in dire times and we in their dire times. Pay off bills of a friend who stepped up to help when we were going through financial challenge due to husbands urgent surgeries....but not let her know....You know - find out who she owes and just quietly pay off her bills.....then go travel to meet her in person in California.

Purchase land in different places - they're not making anymore land - except in Hawaii....

There are so many worthy charities that we've worked with in the past - One that's dear to my heart is the Rabbit Rescue. I would expand the rescue and hire on staff to take care of it all. Give the founder a week or two off of worries for bunnies and bills....

In the midst of all of this, I would find a way to relax and purchase the home of our dreams.....somewhere....

The publicist? Oh that would be so we could purchase a home of our dreams....somewhere....and no one would know if we didn't want them to. They know how to hide people on the internet etc.....:-) I think that's the correct term.
                      Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Hire a lawyer, and financial adviser. Of course pay off all debts in family and those of a few friends. At my age and health the only adventures will be to a few places in this world I have not visited. The rest of my time will
                        be spent traveling in the U.S. to places I want to spend more time in than I did the first time around. Want to make sure my youngest daughter gets enough money to finally satisfy her anxiety of not having enough. The list of charities that I would support is small, too many of them are merely tax shelters for greedy CEO's, I think individual donations in amounts that will benefit specific needs would help the most, and possibly infrastructure improvements in specific neighborhoods. I've lived in the lower income bracket so long I will have to rely on my lawyer and financial adviser to get the most good from the winnings. Trust funds, etc. for my grand children to prevent them from ever having to live without as I did as a child and to help one specifically who has mental problems deal with life.
                        The End Is Near!

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                          I bought yesterday, 5 quick picks, and if I won I would donate first to Wounded Warriors, everyone I know would get a bit-even the ones I don't really like, make sure that my brother is taken care of, travel all over the world and whatever manager on here is not getting enough for what they do will get a bonus from me. I would then look for a producer, director and screen writer and make a movie, with some star power, about the storage facility business. I would have Ashley Dawn do the music score for it, too!

THAT I can do!!!! :-)
                          Ashley Dawn
                          Property Manager/Singer-Songwriter
                          [email protected]
                          http://www.aplustorage.com
                          The storage business is FUN!

http://facebook.com/AshleyDawnTheArtist
                          http://AshleyDawnTheArtist.com

Comment

I think if I won...I'd probably have a heart attack and die. BUT if that didn't happen...I would work at my store just the same as always...the only thing that would be different...I'd go out to lunch every day. :-) Sounds realistic eh? I LOVE STORAGE THAT MUCH!
                            Ashley Dawn
                            Property Manager/Singer-Songwriter
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.aplustorage.com
                            The storage business is FUN!

http://facebook.com/AshleyDawnTheArtist
                            http://AshleyDawnTheArtist.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
                              I did! And I'm pretty sure the first thing I would do is give every single person I know at least $100,000 and help some of my favorite charities. I don't know what I would do with the rest though, that amount of money is just obscene!
                              Nice knowing you Kevin.
                              Joe Krezdorn
                              DAK Self Storage
                              Leesport, PA 19533
                              www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinWA
                                Ideas? We have this greasy dirt
                                by KrisinWA
                                and re-painted doors, so I can't have them pressure wash them. I wanted to know if anyone had a surefire dirt remover for their roll up doors? I'm thinking of squirt of dawn soap and vinegar in water. Anyone have something better?...
                                Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                              • KrisinWA
                                Reply to Tenant Points Gun at Manager
                                by KrisinWA
                                A lot of managers are by themselves, including me-most of the time. I have to do the rounds by myself and I wouldn't even think twice about lifting an unlocked door to check if it's empty or whatever....
                                Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                              • Gina6k
                                Reply to Artistic Endeavors
                                by Gina6k
                                I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed...
                                Yesterday, 05:49 PM
                              Working...
                              X