X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it coming to this & does anyone have a facility close to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADoCnZrVVdY
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Uhhh ick. I can't even imagine. I visited California a few years ago and found Yosemite to be most beautiful. We thankfully didn't go into any cities like this. I live far east of California and have never experienced this. I hope it doesn't come to this and Cali makes some changes for the good.
    All the best to them.
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Something to remember. California politics. This will not change and will get worse.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Been in Cali since November... Was always the 1 state I said I never want to move to for storage.. go figure we ended up taking a job in to help get a property back on track for a small family owned company. Now that we've done what was needed we get to head out once we find our replacements and get them trained and head out of this *wonderful* state and on to Vegas for our next troubled property. Thankfully it's a small Cali town though so none of the typical cali issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
          Been in Cali since November... Was always the 1 state I said I never want to move to for storage.. go figure we ended up taking a job in to help get a property back on track for a small family owned company. Now that we've done what was needed we get to head out once we find our replacements and get them trained and head out of this *wonderful* state and on to Vegas for our next troubled property. Thankfully it's a small Cali town though so none of the typical cali issues.
          How do you market yourself as a 'fixer'? My dad used to be that for churches, no lie. He'd be sent to a struggling church and turn it around financially and get a new minister in who wasn't a putz and be sent to a new church.
          90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

How do you market yourself as a 'fixer'? My dad used to be that for churches, no lie. He'd be sent to a struggling church and turn it around financially and get a new minister in who wasn't a putz and be sent to a new church.

He didn't look like this, did he?

TheBishop.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

He didn't look like this, did he?

TheBishop.jpg
              Lolol, no he was a Baptist.
              90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

We actually havn't marketed ourselves.. I have met people at conferences/seminars and they end up reaching out to me as needed. I'm just the "helpful" type in general, I have gone in to meet competitors as I prefer being friendly with competition and share ideas/tips. Funniest was a cubesmart manager who was doing green certified lien letters and I introduced him to the firm book digital forms, he was like a kid in a candy store with the smile on his face. I was just at a legal seminar yesterday and met quite a few new people who want to talk with me about helping them out. Really does make me consider creating a consulting type side business at some point, might have to create some personal business cards before I attend the vegas convention in April heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post

We actually havn't marketed ourselves.. I have met people at conferences/seminars and they end up reaching out to me as needed. I'm just the "helpful" type in general, I have gone in to meet competitors as I prefer being friendly with competition and share ideas/tips. Funniest was a cubesmart manager who was doing green certified lien letters and I introduced him to the firm book digital forms, he was like a kid in a candy store with the smile on his face. I was just at a legal seminar yesterday and met quite a few new people who want to talk with me about helping them out. Really does make me consider creating a consulting type side business at some point, might have to create some personal business cards before I attend the vegas convention in April heh.
                  I've been thinking about this but dont have any idea how to charge

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
                    Reply to Break in at our units
                    by Steve_hajewski
                    Sorry to hear about this. Chateau sells a cylinder lock that is compatible with Trac-Rite's latches. The also sell two different stainless slide latches that will fit the door, however they will require drilling new holes.

It does sound like you were doing things correctly for being a rural...
                    Yesterday, 09:23 PM
                  • KrisinNC
                    Reply to Break in at our units
                    by KrisinNC
                    It sounds like you're on top of it. I'd add motion sensitive lights. Regular lighting then when there is motion brighter lights pop on so they realize that maybe there are cameras. I'd make the utility/camera room not accessible to the outside if possible....
                    Yesterday, 08:39 PM
                  • MBStorage
                    Break in at our units
                    by MBStorage
                    To preface this, we are in a rural area where it's extremely rare to find storage units with a fence, gate, office, etc. Much like 95% of the other storage unit businesses around, we do not have those things. We do have security cameras and an on-site computer in a utility room that records the camera...
                    Yesterday, 07:48 PM
                  Working...
                  X