Favorite Thanksgiving Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Thanksgiving Food

Yes, it's early for this topic, but the magazine works several months ahead. So ... I'd like to know what's your favorite Thanksgiving food?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Turkey and pecan pie. I also like the green bean casserole because it's traditional in our family.
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

The stuffing and giblet gravy. Also, deviled eggs are never safe near me.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Sweet potato casserole with candied pecans baked on top, not marshmallows. SO good!
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Oyster dressing
          Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

I make a gelatin-type salad that has whipped cream, cream cheese, cherries, and pineapple in it. It is not Thanksgiving without it.
            I also make a dish similar to green bean casserole, except I use broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots, then top it with a mix of swiss and mozzarella cheese.
            Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Deviled eggs for sure!
              AmyLou

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Scott View Post
                Oyster dressing
                Man, that's got to be an acquired taste. When I first went to my in laws for T'giving, my ex's sister used to make it and bleh, not my cup of tea. I guess because I didn't grow up with it-though my other sister in law used to make 7 layer salad and it was amazing!
                When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Homemade stuffing!!
                  With gravy!!

Can I just go ahead and pick all of the Thanksgiving dinner favorites?
                  LOL

Turkey (dark meat only)
                  Stuffing
                  Homemade mashed potatoes
                  Green bean casserole
                  Homemade biscuits
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

Man, that's got to be an acquired taste. When I first went to my in laws for T'giving, my ex's sister used to make it and bleh, not my cup of tea. I guess because I didn't grow up with it-though my other sister in law used to make 7 layer salad and it was amazing!
                    Have the dressing for Thanksgiving and then go to Gulf Shores Orange Beach and have oysters on the half shell,oysters rockefeller, oyster stew, oysters Etc; etc; etc;
                    Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Post foodageddon. I put together a killer smoked turkey chowder. But, being from Texas all other foods are a prelude to PECAN PIE.

Comment

All great responses! Now I have everyone thinking about their holiday menu!
                        Amy Campbell
                        Editor
                        Inside Self-Storage
                        [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

My favorite meal on Thanksgiving Day definitely is green bean casserole, it reminds me of home, but I must say the day AFTER Thanksgiving I am a fan of turkey sandwiches.
                          The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Once I smoked a turkey when the kids were little and now it's not really Thanksgiving without that sumptuous smoked bird. Even people who don't care for turkey love it. My technique is TOP Secret though. Hmm, maybe I should teach one or two of them how to do it. ;-) They always show up after the bird is prepped and getting smoked so they've never learned how to set it up.
                            Gina 6k
                            twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                            VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                            [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                            I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina6k View Post
                              Once I smoked a turkey when the kids were little and now it's not really Thanksgiving without that sumptuous smoked bird. Even people who don't care for turkey love it. My technique is TOP Secret though. Hmm, maybe I should teach one or two of them how to do it. ;-) They always show up after the bird is prepped and getting smoked so they've never learned how to set it up.
                              I LOVE smoked turkey.

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bighank
                                Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
                                by Bighank
                                Idaho has nice. I tell everyone that God built mice better than my ability to get rid of them. When someone says "You have mice?" I look them in the eye and say, "yes." I ask them if they see al the hawks and falcons flying around and ever wonder what they feed on. Most are...
                                Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                              • KrisinNC
                                Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                                by KrisinNC
                                This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed....
                                Yesterday, 07:06 PM
                              • Beebop
                                Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                                by Beebop
                                Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it....
                                Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              Working...
                              X