Are You Superstitious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Superstitious?

This week will usher in a Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious about anything? My cousin once didn't shave his beard when his favorite hockey team was on a winning streak!
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Nah, I believe in ghosts but that's it..lol
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Am I Stupidstitious? I am only half that. Guess which one.

Have never been superstitious though.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Like Kris, I also believe in an spirit world- too many weird things have happened that I cant explain. I wouldn't say I am superstitious though... OK I knock on wood when I say something I hope doesn't come true... and I cannot watch scary movies- at all.I don't need to add to my lack of sleep. I already wake up to the slightest noises-seriously, a mouse could fart in the building and it would wake me up.
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I used to be awfully superstitious! My mom would be embarrassed when we'd go out to eat and I'd have to throw salt over my shoulder...and it'd hit the people at the table behind us. I am not anymore, thankfully! Plus, my dad's bday is September 13th and it's fallen on quite a few Friday's so if anyone is the cursed one, it's him lol. I believe in God and know He's in control so open an umbrella inside, I won't care And most Friday 13th's are very good days for me

Comment

Funniest video I ever saw involving salt and throwing something over a shoulder was Chevy Chase party with the girl scene in Caddyshack. He licks his hand and sprinkles salt on it and then he snorts the salt and bites the lime and throws the shot of tequila over his shoulder. LMAO!!!!!

Why do people throw salt over their shoulder by the way?

Comment

LOL! Great part of that movie! It's a superstition that if you spill the salt, you must throw it (a pinch) over your left shoulder so you don't have bad luck...because the devil attacks from the back. I however, would throw a little more than a pinch...just for good measure haha! And then duck down so if the neighboring table looked for who done it, they would only see my mom on the other side

Comment

That's it, throw the mom under the bus! LOL!

Comment

I wouldn't say superstitious but there are things I just don't do. Walking under a ladder, that's just stupid and unsafe lol. I love black cats, don't really believe in Friday the 13th, etc. I do have a friend who will literally turn around and go the other way if she sees a black cat cross her path. Walking, driving, it doesn't matter. I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts per se, but I believe there is energy around us that some can feel. I will do the salt over the shoulder if I happen to remember. I think that the reason behind that is if you spill salt, it's bad luck, so you are supposed to throw a bit over your shoulder to sort of cancel the bad luck out. Now, one thing I strongly believe is that a Full Moon brings out strange energies. I have seen it time and time again working as a CNA in a hospital and prior to my employment here, with the local Mental Health agency. It never fails, behaviors tend to increase prior to and during a Full Moon. They say there have been studies done to prove this false, but that's BS.
                  AmyLou

Comment

I'm on twitter with quite a few first responders and they're all like, "OH GREAT. Friday the 13th AND the full moon!"
                    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
                      I'm on twitter with quite a few first responders and they're all like, "OH GREAT. Friday the 13th AND the full moon!"
                      I'm looking forward to everyone's Friday the 13th customer horror stories next week :-)
                      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I think I am going to be proactive and just make and hang a huge sign in the office, "DO NOT START WITH ME ON FRIDAY 13th"!!!!!! "TAKE YOUR FULL MOON CRAZINESS AND GET OUT OF HERE"!!!!!!!

Here in Oregon you don't need the 13th and a full moon on top of the drug addled minds that walk around this city.

Comment

I am not superstitious with Friday the 13th. A couple of years ago my husband wanted to go sky diving on Friday the 13th so I bought him the ticket. Surprisingly he said there weren't many people there.

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, a Full Moon, National Blame Someone Else Day, and Hug Your Boss day.
                          The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
                            Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
                            by Storman
                            feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
                            Yesterday, 11:38 PM
                          • Merman
                            by Merman
                            I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
                            Yesterday, 09:00 PM
                          • IceBox
                            by IceBox
                            Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
                            Yesterday, 06:08 PM
                          Working...
                          X