9/11 Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 Anniversary

Today marks the 18th anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York and the Pentagon. Ceremonies and moments of silence are being held around the country. What does this day mean to you?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

As a vet this remembrance means a lot to me. It started an 18 year war. Many paid and have since then paid the ultimate price. We have a lot of war vets at the American Legion I belong to that have been to Iraq and Afghanistan. They need help as much as any Vietnam, Korean, WWll and WWl vets.

IMO, we as a nation need to step back from being the world's police department. Rain hell on anyone who dares to attack us but step back from the world idiots that are out there.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

My brother in law is an Army Vet and served 4 tours, both in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is 100% disabled because of what was started on 9/11. So, (to me) 9/11 signaled the beginning of a war in which our men and women who served had, in some cases, very little knowledge of how they would return to US soil. My brother in law left high school, straight to boot camp. I have seen coworkers dive under their desks because they heard loud noises. I've seen homeless vets who can't get services simply because they don't have a mailing address.
      And Pac, yes! I agree, we are not the world's police department and we need to step back from that role.
      AmyLou

Comment

I belong to a group called Lane County Veterans Treatment Court. Basically I am a volunteer to help shuttle vets to and from the VA and anything legal related where they have to be in court but have no way of getting there. The homeless vets are a big concern because of the inability to adapt to coming back and they typically have no support group and then the next thing you know they get into trouble. I have even been called by the police to come get a vet that he/she did not really want to take to jail. I only do it on Monday's because I work Tuesday thru Saturday. Some vets are beyond help and that is rough to see but sometimes all they need is some help and support and they can then turn around and be productive.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
          Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
          by Storman
          feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
          Yesterday, 11:38 PM
        • Merman
          by Merman
          I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
          Yesterday, 09:00 PM
        • IceBox
          by IceBox
          Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
          Yesterday, 06:08 PM
        Working...
        X