Holiday Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Shopping

Has anyone started their holiday shopping yet?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Isn't it against all that is holy to start holiday shopping before Halloween? I mean, Americans live for the last minute holiday shopping rush and last minute deals. To avoid ANY CROWDS I shop at Amazon Prime year round. I only have myself to shop for so if I really want to surprise myself I shop when I am really drunk and then when the package shows up from UPS or Fed Ex I am surprised.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

pacnwstorage LOL!!
      I have not, as of yet. This year my 11yo son wants a new Samsung phone and my 15yo son wants the newest Apple watch and a Nike band for it. I'm hoping for an amazing Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal on them...otherwise I'll be removing an arm and a leg for payment haha. I will get them other cheaper things also, but they don't require planning. I'm very much a procrastinator
      Last edited by AngelaESSTX; 10th October 2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
        pacnwstorage LOL!!
        I have not, as of yet. This year my 11yo son wants a new Samsung phone and my 15yo son wants the newest Apple watch and a Nike band for it. I'm hoping for an amazing Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal on them...otherwise I'll be removing an arm and a leg for payment haha. I will get them other cheaper things also, but they don't require planning. I'm very much a procrastinator
        Amazon Prime is your friend.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Just the wife and I, but we still somehow get wrangled into buying for others in the family.... For ourselves though I shop year round but a good portion of any "extra" stuff that isn't must have items that I get is via auctions. I bid regularly on online auctions from liquidation places that sale returned items and such. Have got quite a bit for pennies on the dollar over the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

Amazon Prime is your friend.
            Amazon Prime day is ours

Comment

I'm buying myself new kitchen cabinets and a dishwasher (long ugly story involving a long-term leak which the previous owners hid it and inspector missed it) , and I buy silly stuff for my daughter (Amazon Prime) and give her cash. I send cards to my family-that's it!
              When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
                Just the wife and I, but we still somehow get wrangled into buying for others in the family.... For ourselves though I shop year round but a good portion of any "extra" stuff that isn't must have items that I get is via auctions. I bid regularly on online auctions from liquidation places that sale returned items and such. Have got quite a bit for pennies on the dollar over the last year.
                Please Share!
                Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                  pacnwstorage LOL!!
                  Go to Best Buy and apply for a credit card. With this amount of purchases, you would probably get 6 months same as cash for their Black Friday specials.
                  Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post

Please Share!
                    There's numerous different sites that people post them on, but for me here in Cali i've found hibid.com to have the most auctions listed. Even have a friend back in Houston that runs an auction for those types of items and uses them as well for that area.

Comment

I have started my holiday wait for it to go on sale list Hopefully I get a few of the items when the big sales hit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MamaDuke
                        Reply to Death of a tenant question
                        by MamaDuke
                        Different states have different laws. In CA, there is a legal form to be completed and notarized, or they must have the proper court documents. In the meantime, we overlock the space to ensure that no one gets access until we have the proper paperwork.

We don't want the son to come next...
                        Today, 12:18 PM
                      • dakselfstorage
                        Reply to Where Would You Live?
                        by dakselfstorage
                        Just spent two nights on the outer edge of Kerrville at a Super 8. It was actually one of the nicer 8's we've stayed in. We did the three twisted sisters near there.
                        Love the entire area....
                        Today, 12:17 PM
                      • pacnwstorage
                        Reply to Death of a tenant question
                        by pacnwstorage
                        IMO, after seeing the certified death certificate and legal paperwork that gives her control of the mother-in-law unit belongings, she can have her name put on the unit and linked to her units. If you wish you can of course reference the mother-in-laws name somewhere on the unit.
                        Today, 10:12 AM
                      Working...
                      X