Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Holiday Traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Traditions

Does your family have any holiday traditions? When I was young, it was watching The Wizard of Oz on TV (With all the commercials, it was a long afternoon). We also played softball at the park before the afternoon feast!
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

On Thanksgiving Eve, myself and my sons go stay the night at my parent's house. I help my mom cook through the night and in the morning. We eat there and I go back home. On Christmas Eve, my parents come to my house, I always have the Christmas Eve boxes/gifts for everyone which include matching pjs. We all wake up early together, open gifts and get started on the Christmas feast. We do have the old Charlie Brown movies and such playing on the tv too. That's the only thing I like about winter, is the holidays that come with it

Comment

Our family is not big on presents- we follow the 4 gift rule: Something you want, something you need, something you wear, and something you read. Thats it- no crazy piles of gifts under the tree. We do stuff stocking full of other small trinkets and candies and gift cards- but other than that- that is it. We have the TV on Hallmark channel for the ladies half the time and DVD's of all kinds of Christmas movies OR sports channel for the guys the other half. We dont have any small children in our family at the moment. We have a game we play before Christmas dinner called the candy cane pick up. You dump about 50 or so candy canes on the table, and there are 2 teams- they cannot use their hands to pick up the candy canes- only using a candy cane from their mouth to hook the ones on the table. After a full 2 minutes whichever team has the most candy canes doe NOT have to do dishes. We usually do an outing of some sort the week of- maybe go on a hike ( weather permitting) or drive to Seattle to see the lights display or Leavenworth,WA for tree lighting ceremony. We also drive over to Tacoma WA to see the Scrooge musical. Other than that- we sit in our PJ's all day and eat really fattening yummy treats and nap or watch TV
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

These are great. Who else has a holiday tradition?
        Amy Campbell
        Editor
        Inside Self-Storage
        [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evansr
          Reply to Promotional ideas
          by evansr
          Same here, our unit occupancy has been a bit low, company average across our sites 86% (we've also added new units at a few sites), but our economic occupancy is at an all time high (percentage and dollar totals) due to consistent rate increases on all customers. We use storEDGE and push our discounts...
          Today, 09:13 PM
        • Storman
          Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
          by Storman
          This expanded metal comes in many thicknesses and sizes. The 3/4" and 9 gauge is likely much heavier than what you used for your trailer ramp. The 4x8 sheets that I'm looking at cost about $60 each, but the added cost of galvanizing and delivering them to my facility is what bumps them to ~$100...
          Today, 07:55 PM
        • RandyL
          Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
          by RandyL
          Yeah I suppose that will make more sense, though my fences are at 6 or 7' tall. Storman are your fences 8' tall or will you be cutting down each of the sheets? If you have to cut them down remember the cut edge won't be rust protected anymore. So you may want to paint it after if you have to cut...
          Today, 07:50 PM
        Working...
        X