Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Wave Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave Runners

Anybody know anything about wave runners/jetskis?? My boss has tasked me with selling 2 that he has here in storage and I know absolutely nothing about them. Any little bit of info would be greatly appreciated.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

First thing to do is see what the year make and model of these sell for in your area. You can look in CL. Check as many sources as you can find. You also need to know the condition and see if the boss has ANY paperwork of what he paid for them and all the repair and maintenance work done on them since he has owned. The paperwork alone is valuable to go along with them when sold. Then, in the middle of winter, be prepared to get less for them if you live in a cold area. Just like motorcycles, winter is hard to sell for a decent price when buying them means not using them for a few months. Can get more money in Spring.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Well, I'm in Florida so I should have a better chance at it. I have the titles but no maint. records. At least none were given to me. I've had a few calls and several PMs on FB, and someone calling me tomorrow to set up a time to come check them out. I'll just play it by ear and see what happens.
      Oh, I get half of whatever they sell for, too.

Comment

That is the way the owners here do things too. They are a family of contractors and building management. They built the facility to have units to not only rent but to use for storing of materials and furniture that they stage the homes with before selling. When they buy newer furniture or other items in storage they give me at least half and have on many occasions given me all of the money. This family is very connected because they are always involved with any Camping World that Marcus Lemonis builds. I have met the guy once when he was here in Eugene.

It would still be better if any paperwork could be found. Being in Florida I would assume you will sell them quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          That is the way the owners here do things too. They are a family of contractors and building management. They built the facility to have units to not only rent but to use for storing of materials and furniture that they stage the homes with before selling. When they buy newer furniture or other items in storage they give me at least half and have on many occasions given me all of the money. This family is very connected because they are always involved with any Camping World that Marcus Lemonis builds. I have met the guy once when he was here in Eugene.

It would still be better if any paperwork could be found. Being in Florida I would assume you will sell them quickly.
          I'm going to go look in the unit they are in and see if there is anything.
          I had a guy message me earlier saying he wants them but is out of town until Monday...can I hold them? Nope, sorry. If I still have them Monday, they're yours. Now he's messaging me asking if he can send me the whole amount to guarantee he gets them. Uh, still no. I said it's cash only, I don't do paypal, and I'm definitely not giving out my banking info. He's probably legit but it's just odd that he's wanting them sight unseen except for a photo.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post

I'm going to go look in the unit they are in and see if there is anything.
            I had a guy message me earlier saying he wants them but is out of town until Monday...can I hold them? Nope, sorry. If I still have them Monday, they're yours. Now he's messaging me asking if he can send me the whole amount to guarantee he gets them. Uh, still no. I said it's cash only, I don't do paypal, and I'm definitely not giving out my banking info. He's probably legit but it's just odd that he's wanting them sight unseen except for a photo.
            Not legit-it's a scam. Tell anyone who asks that it's an 'in person sale' and cash on the barrel, or nothing.
            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Plus, if he wants them bad enough he can send a friend or family member with the cash to buy them. Just like units here. I never ever hold or reserve units. They can rent them online if away from here. That would only be after a talk with me to fully vet them. I have people all the time want to go on my waiting list and I say sure, but two things, they have to call me back withing 4 hours after I call and leave a message about the unit they are waiting for and they have to call once a week to verify they still want the unit. They are allowed to text and email as well.

The old saying still holds, "Money talks and bull$hit walks!"

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

Not legit-it's a scam. Tell anyone who asks that it's an 'in person sale' and cash on the barrel, or nothing.
                He just messaged me again, after I said 'cash only', saying "I was going to give you my american express and you have a week for it to clear". I have no idea what he means by giving me his american express, but waiting a week for something to clear prevents me from selling to someone with cash. Not happening. He said he understood my position and will wait and see if they are available on Monday. I hope I sell these damn things tomorrow so I can be done with it!!

Comment

Plus, if he wants them bad enough he can send a friend or family member with the cash to buy them. Just like units here. I never ever hold or reserve units. They can rent them online if away from here. That would only be after a talk with me to fully vet them. I have people all the time want to go on my waiting list and I say sure, but two things, they have to call me back withing 4 hours after I call and leave a message about the unit they are waiting for and they have to call once a week to verify they still want the unit. They are allowed to text and email as well.

The old saying still holds, "Money talks and bull$hit walks!"
                  My thought exactly about sending another family member or friend here if it's legit.

Comment

After all, if he walks around with an AMEX card he likely has friends or family that have money or just damn god credit and can get cash on a card and buy them from you for him.

Comment

Make sure you print up a 'bill of sale' or go onto your state website and print one off of there. In the wording make sure it states 'AS IS' and you'll both sign it.
                      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

OMG, I am so over it with these damn things! Sorry, I just need to vent. I posted them on CL and FB Marketplace. People have been messaging all night on FB about them so I'm busy answering them this morning. One guy wanted to trade a semi-automatic rifle w/ammo and $1000 cash. I said no. People are asking questions I don't have answers to. People are asking when is a good time for a test ride. That hadn't even crossed my mind! I have no way to tow them, so people are offering to take them, and me, to do that, so I emailed the boss/his friend this morning to find out if that's ok. Also, do I want to get in a stranger's vehicle? Is it better to take my own? What if they drive off with them? I could make a copy of their DL/vehicle registration and take a pic of their vehicle...just in case. My daughter says it was unfair for me to even have been asked to do this, and I kind of agree. I, seriously, just want to take whatever someone offers just to be rid of them. Ugh!

Comment

I would have done it in a heartbeat. Sell them as is and tell the buyer they need to bring their own tech to check them. there is a way to run them for a short time out of water and that tech will know how to do it------hopefully. Sell....AS IS, no refunds, bring your own tech and cash only. Take it or leave it.

Comment

I would have done it in a heartbeat. Sell them as is and tell the buyer they need to bring their own tech to check them. there is a way to run them for a short time out of water and that tech will know how to do it------hopefully. Sell....AS IS, no refunds, bring your own tech and cash only. Take it or leave it.
                            Yes, I should have put the "as is" part in the ad. I have 2 people on their way now to check them out. I know they can be run briefly out of water. I just hope they at least start up. We'll see what happens. If no takers, then maybe I'll edit the ad to read 'as is' and let folks know that I can't guarantee anything because I am unfamiliar with them.

Comment

As long as you sell them with the understanding that the wave runners are not yours and that is documented on the bill of sale, you are covered. Make sure that you keep a copy of whatever sale agreement you come up with and that both of you sign it. I would also have the VIN on that piece of paper. You can even go so far as to the color(s) and the fact that they are used and sold as is. If the buyer does not like that, too damn bad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evansr
                                Reply to Promotional ideas
                                by evansr
                                Same here, our unit occupancy has been a bit low, company average across our sites 86% (we've also added new units at a few sites), but our economic occupancy is at an all time high (percentage and dollar totals) due to consistent rate increases on all customers. We use storEDGE and push our discounts...
                                Today, 09:13 PM
                              • Storman
                                Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                                by Storman
                                This expanded metal comes in many thicknesses and sizes. The 3/4" and 9 gauge is likely much heavier than what you used for your trailer ramp. The 4x8 sheets that I'm looking at cost about $60 each, but the added cost of galvanizing and delivering them to my facility is what bumps them to ~$100...
                                Today, 07:55 PM
                              • RandyL
                                Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                                by RandyL
                                Yeah I suppose that will make more sense, though my fences are at 6 or 7' tall. Storman are your fences 8' tall or will you be cutting down each of the sheets? If you have to cut them down remember the cut edge won't be rust protected anymore. So you may want to paint it after if you have to cut...
                                Today, 07:50 PM
                              Working...
                              X