Traffic Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Pet Peeves

Curious as to what gets your dander up out in traffic. Here are mine, in no particular order:
    • People who think the green left turn arrow is still effective for 2-3 vehicles after it turns red
    • People who think the center turn lane is an acceleration lane or a bonus lane they can just drive down until they feel like merging or to cheat traffic
    • People who leave gigantic gaps between them and the vehicle in front of them (or the stop line if they're first in line) at traffic lights
    • People who don't enter the intersection when waiting to turn left when they have a green light or flashing orange arrow
    • People who drive around at night or inclement weather with no lights or just their parking lights
    • People who tailgate you in the "slow" lane even though they could easily pass you
    • People who try to be "nice" and let people turn left across 3+ lanes of heavy traffic . . . and the people that attempt to make these turns instead of just driving down tot he next light and turning around
    • People who have a martyr complex and match your speed when merging onto the expressway and act like you're trying to block them from merging even though you're maintaining a constant speed - God forbid they should merge behind or in front of you - not enough drama in that
    • People who don't understand the concept of "zipper merging" and either A. move over WAY too early and get angry at people who are using all the available roadway when they get passed or B. think that it's a race/contest and try to close gaps to keep people from merging in turn
    • People who turn their blinker on at the exact same time they make their lane change or turn - what's the point???
    • People who double or quadruple park - I don't care if you're at the far reaches of the parking lot - you're still not entitled to more than 1 space like the rest of us
    Well, I'm sure I have more, but those are the main ones

Driving on a 2 lane highway with a large tractor trailer in the right lane and the car ahead of me will pass on the left but as I pull out to follow around the truck the car making the pass ahead of me takes forever to make the pass even though there is no cars in front of the passing car. When you are passing you should make the pass quickly, as long as weather permits, and then move back in to the right lane and let cars behind them get around quickly too. Who wants to spend that much time right next to a large hulking truck in the right lane? That is also dangerous because of the blind spots with these trucks. Truck drivers hate it too. They don't care about being passed but get the hell around and go. Speed at say 65 mph and the lead passing car passes at 66-67 mph.

The other pet peeve is also on the 2 lane highway where someone drives in the left lane and will not move over to the right when there are several cars trying to pass in the left lane. They feel holier than thou and want to hold up traffic at the posted speed limit but hang in the left lane to prove a point. Dumb a$$.
    Last edited by pacnwstorage; 15th November 2019, 02:26 PM.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

LOL I had the same issues and more but now I'm so glad we don't get traffic like that around here.

Comment

I agree with all those and add these:

No matter which direction the emergency vehicle is traveling, when they have on their lights and siren you pull over to the curb or side of the road as soon as possible and STOP, on both sides of the road you're on. Continue once they've passed you.

When stopped at a light, the limit line painted in the street denotes where your front bumper should be. Not a car length back from it, or two car lengths back from it. There are sensors in the road that are placed to sense your car when it's stopped at the right location. Stopping farther back is not safer, it's stupid and lazy.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Hovering in the blind spot is real popular around here, and passing on the shoulder

Comment

Does this include GPS? Because I literally had a guy come into the office and ask if there was an urgent care here. Seriously.
            Also, when you're in the right lane and going the speed limit (35 mph) and there's always that joker who is in a hurry and can't be bothered to go around but just hovers on your tail. So annoying.
            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
              Does this include GPS? Because I literally had a guy come into the office and ask if there was an urgent care here.
              I had a guy come into my office at a previous facility I managed that was definitely NOT Public Storage (completely different color scheme and the name sounded nothing like Public) with a reservation printout from Public Storage insisting we were the facility he had a reservation at. After multiple times explaining to him that we were NOT that facility, could not honor that rate for that size unit, and where that facility was actually located (nowhere even near us), he stormed out of the office with the parting words, "Well if you're not going to honor this price, I'm just going to store my stuff elsewhere." Well, yes, that's what you had signed up to do in the first place, so go do it! Some people have just a few wires loose.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
                Does this include GPS? Because I literally had a guy come into the office and ask if there was an urgent care here. Seriously.
                Also, when you're in the right lane and going the speed limit (35 mph) and there's always that joker who is in a hurry and can't be bothered to go around but just hovers on your tail. So annoying.
                In fairness to the urgent care, If you're looking for one of those, you're probably not thinking your best anyway. Shock can be a heck of a drug.

Comment

ALL. OF. THESE!
                  KrisinNC I actually had a guy call me to get directions here. He called several SEVERAL times before he made it. The last call said "I'm at the light, are you around that storage place?" ::facepalm:: I am the storage place, sir. He comes in and asks for an application...huh (we're not hiring)??!! But I gave it to him. After the light bulb in his not so bright brain goes off, he is slowly realizing, gasp, we are a storage facility! He thought we were a temp agency that does hiring for day laborers. When he realizes we're not, he asked if I knew where one was. I had to advise him I am not Google, but best of luck to him. He did finish filling out the application, which I shredded. I didn't want any chance of this guy ever getting hired here for anything!!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                    ALL. OF. THESE!
                    KrisinNC I actually had a guy call me to get directions here. He called several SEVERAL times before he made it. The last call said "I'm at the light, are you around that storage place?" ::facepalm:: I am the storage place, sir. He comes in and asks for an application...huh (we're not hiring)??!! But I gave it to him. After the light bulb in his not so bright brain goes off, he is slowly realizing, gasp, we are a storage facility! He thought we were a temp agency that does hiring for day laborers. When he realizes we're not, he asked if I knew where one was. I had to advise him I am not Google, but best of luck to him. He did finish filling out the application, which I shredded. I didn't want any chance of this guy ever getting hired here for anything!!
                    Wow-This guy.
                    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                      ALL. OF. THESE!
                      Was it this guy?

Patrick.PNG

Comment

Robert May as well have been!! LMBO!
                        Last edited by AngelaESSTX; 19th November 2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X