Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

This world is going freaking nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This world is going freaking nuts

I read this today.
    A man is suing Burger King because the meatless Impossible Whopper is cooked on the same grill as meat products, the lawsuit alleges.

I heard that on the news last night and laughed and laughed! Next they'll be screaming they thought the mayo was vegan too, because, you know...idiots
    The patty IS meatless but they never stated it would be cooked separately.

Comment

*insert eyeroll here* . Where did he THINK it was going to be cooked? It's not KOSHER, for crying out loud. What a moron.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
        *insert eyeroll here* . Where did he THINK it was going to be cooked? It's not KOSHER, for crying out loud. What a moron.
        Besides the fact that you can see into the kitchens in most BK. He probably watched them cook it while rubbing his hands together and money signs dancing in his head. He's mostly mad because he could taste the real meat and loved it, but he won't mention that part lol

Comment

I think BK says they show where it says the customer can have the Impossible Whopper cooked a different way if they want. The way it tastes like meat is that the patty is loaded with saturated fats.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

He should sue too because the person preparing the "burger" was not a vegetarian. This place is all kinds of tainted....
            --
            Ron

http://n6ach.com
            http://laws.n6ach.com
            [email protected]

Comment

I heard the the meatless burger is made from the same products used in pet food

Comment

Going at it from the vegan view was stupid. If he had gone at it from the food prep standpoint it probably would gain a lot more weight. After all, we’re always told not to prep meat and other food on the same cutting board, and who knows what’s in those grill leavings. Plus, imagine if it was eaten by someone who’s culture doesn’t eat beef. I imagine they’d be horrified. Of course they could always just not eat there...

Comment

In the PC WORLD it is never as simple as just "changing the channel". "No two are alike" when it comes to common sense.

Comment

Good point JamesStorage Not being a beef-eater (but not a vegetarian or vegan), I can understand the point. I wouldn't want a plant-based burger that was cooked on the same grill as a meat-based one. It might seem obvious that it'd be cooked on the same grill but, really, it isn't. I had no idea. I mean, how can you call it a plant-based, non-meat product if you let it touch meat products? That'd be like making something that's "nut-free" on the same counter top as products that have nuts. (Don't @ me about the allergy vs. preference. It's just an example.)

Suing is over the top, but maybe the guy is trying to force BK to make a change. We all know that fighting a corporation takes big action.

When you have preferences or diet restrictions, it's tough to find alternatives. I'm sure this person was excited a huge fast-food chain was offering something he could eat. It's actually disappointing they didn't think this through.
                    Amy Campbell
                    Editor
                    Inside Self-Storage
                    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

It may very well be prepared on a separate area of the grill apart from where the beef is prepared. I wonder if he actually stood and watched them cook beef and then the veggie burger or if he just made an assumption.
                      MamaDuke

Comment

It's mind boggling to me that you'd expect BK to have a 2nd grill strictly for the impossible burgers. If you went through the drive thru you wouldn't know where it was cooked. Maybe cooking it to the side, and if you've ever manned a grill you used the flat side spatula to clear the grease before you cook the next one, so it's not like it's soaking in the grease. Doesn't BK use a moving grill rack for it's burgers anyway?
                        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                          I heard the the meatless burger is made from the same products used in pet food
                          Water, Soy-protein concentrate, Coconut oil, Sunflower oil, Natural flavors. Impossible "meat" also contains 2% or less of: Potato protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast extract, Cultured dextrose, modified food starch, Soy leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy-protein isolate, Mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), Zinc gluconate, Thiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium ascorbate (vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

So, while these could be in pet food, they are also in a whole lot of human food.
                          MamaDuke

Comment

YUMMMMMMMMYYYYY! NNOOTT!!

Put a beef patty and an Impossible patty next to each other and I bet any dog would scarf the beef patty first.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

Water, Soy-protein concentrate, Coconut oil, Sunflower oil, Natural flavors. Impossible "meat" also contains 2% or less of: Potato protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast extract, Cultured dextrose, modified food starch, Soy leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy-protein isolate, Mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), Zinc gluconate, Thiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium ascorbate (vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

So, while these could be in pet food, they are also in a whole lot of human food.
                              YUK!!

I'll stick to eating what I kill as much as possible...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinNC
                                Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                                by KrisinNC
                                Or you could electrify your current fence with a box/wire used for horses/cattle. IT won't ~kill~ them, but it packs a punch. I'd know, I've bumped into a few. ...
                                Yesterday, 09:44 PM
                              • evansr
                                Reply to Promotional ideas
                                by evansr
                                Same here, our unit occupancy has been a bit low, company average across our sites 86% (we've also added new units at a few sites), but our economic occupancy is at an all time high (percentage and dollar totals) due to consistent rate increases on all customers. We use storEDGE and push our discounts...
                                Yesterday, 09:13 PM
                              • Storman
                                Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                                by Storman
                                This expanded metal comes in many thicknesses and sizes. The 3/4" and 9 gauge is likely much heavier than what you used for your trailer ramp. The 4x8 sheets that I'm looking at cost about $60 each, but the added cost of galvanizing and delivering them to my facility is what bumps them to ~$100...
                                Yesterday, 07:55 PM
                              Working...
                              X