Keeping Sane During Quarantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Sane During Quarantine

USA Today provides 100 things you can do to stay entertained during the coronavirus quarantine. What stands out on this list? What would you add?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Several zoos and aquariums are offering videos of their amazing animals!
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Food, tv, internet forums, alcohol and tools.......yea, that about covers it.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

What I've found that's really nice is crafters of all things have been sharing patterns or instructions online for free where they usually make a few bucks from these sales. They're doing it to help others learn things from basic soap making to making all sorts of fun toys, crafts for kids, intricate needlework, knit, crochet, looming etc. It's great that knowing we all have time on our hands, the helpers, the teachers, are willing to do for others at their own expense. Pretty cool stuff.
        Gina 6k
        twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
        VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
        [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
        I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

One of my former neighbors did a video with her son about plants and how to plant beans and what the part of the plant were. Super cute.
          Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

1 down. 99 more to go.
            The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

I have actually found a deck of cards and re-figured out how to play solitaire.

Comment

FYI, this is how it feels in Florida with no electricity after a hurricane. Hurry up to get ready, then wait for the roads to be cleared, the governor to say you can go back to work and the electricity and water to return. Some peoples water is on a pump and they must have electricity to get it....
                Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Well, I bought yarn to make a blanket for my newest grandbaby on the way later this year. That should entertain me for a couple days, anyway!

Before we shut the office completely, we were given the okay to play games, etc. and so we did a puzzle. I have 3 more of those to work on, too.
                  MamaDuke

Comment

I am Christmas shopping online and have found the perfect gift for everyone on my list. Of course, it's on back order....

Christmas Toilet Paper.jpg
                    Stephanie Tharpe
                    President
                    A+ Management Group, LP
                    Nashville, TN
                    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                    www.tnssa.net

Comment

I would definitely avoid #4 on the list!
                      I am an introvert anyway, so this is my everyday life...I got this down

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                        I would definitely avoid #4 on the list!
                        I am an introvert anyway, so this is my everyday life...I got this down
                        Me too! I'm still at work for the next couple of days, but me and the pup walk at the park next door. I will read the heck out of my days off though!
                        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Yea, my local American Legion is shut down for now and I have no place to go after I close the office. Recent 3-4 days were sunny and warm so we got together at the post grounds and just sat around having a beer and roasting burgers on the grill. Yes, we stayed 6 feet apart. Back to rain as of yesterday and been indoors for now, again. A bachelor's life is spent alone a lot of times. I read a BUNCH in my Kindle. I have lots of hours recorded on my DVR for my Comcast set up. I am on this forum and 3 other vehicle repair forums that also keep me busy. I still get a little stir crazy though. Worst part is memories that come back about my deceased wife and what my cousin just went thru with the Paradise, Ca. fire. I have ordered in a bunch of maintenance parts and fluids so I am going to baby my Tahoe for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                            Yea, my local American Legion is shut down for now and I have no place to go after I close the office. Recent 3-4 days were sunny and warm so we got together at the post grounds and just sat around having a beer and roasting burgers on the grill. Yes, we stayed 6 feet apart. Back to rain as of yesterday and been indoors for now, again. A bachelor's life is spent alone a lot of times. I read a BUNCH in my Kindle. I have lots of hours recorded on my DVR for my Comcast set up. I am on this forum and 3 other vehicle repair forums that also keep me busy. I still get a little stir crazy though. Worst part is memories that come back about my deceased wife and what my cousin just went thru with the Paradise, Ca. fire. I have ordered in a bunch of maintenance parts and fluids so I am going to baby my Tahoe for the foreseeable future.
                            I will keep you in my prayers. This time can be quite lonely and our memories of better days can flood us. Here in Nashville, we have several people with no homes due to the tornadoes a month ago. I can't even imagine what they are going through.

We did a video conference today at work and it was wonderful to actually "see" people and talk to them. Good for the soul!
                            Stephanie Tharpe
                            President
                            A+ Management Group, LP
                            Nashville, TN
                            www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                            www.tnssa.net

Comment

Thank you very very much Steph. Means a lot to me! Take care of yourself as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X