19th Anniversary of 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19th Anniversary of 9/11

It's hard to believe, but 2020 marks the 19th anniversary of this tragedy. I can still remember watching it all unfold on TV that morning. The ISS Team worked in a high-res in downtown Phoenix back then. Our owner decided to close the office for three days. Where were you on that day? How has the event impacted your life?
    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 8 September 2020, 12:24 PM.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I was still asleep here in California. I found out what was happening when my dad called me from Romania. It was afternoon there, so he knew over there before I knew over here!

I sat and watched in disbelief. And being in shock, we went ahead and sent the kids to school as usual.
    MamaDuke

Comment

I was driving to Seattle on I-5. I had to pull over onto the next exit to focus on what was being said on the radio. My passenger started having a panic attack and told me to take her home, so I did. I called my employer and told her I wanted to go home. I was glued to the TV for 48 hours and finally my husband shut it off and made me go to bed. I couldnt sleep, so I took some sleeping pills. They put me to sleep but I had terrible dreams. I'll never forget that day. I bought a TIME magazine the following week that had extremely graphic pictures of the destruction, the dead. the first responders. I still have it.
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I had just dropped my 5 yr old son off at school, went and picked up breakfast and headed to my mom's when I heard it on the radio. As soon as I walked in my mom's place, it was on the television and I seen the 2nd plane hit, I was in shock and just started crying, I immediately left to go get my son out of school, I remember seeing the panic in other parents eyes as they were picking up their kids as well. I was in disbelief as I always looked at the USA as untouchable and that day changed everything, it was an imagine I'll never forgot, my eyes still water up thinking about it.

Comment

I was at work at a shop I ran and one of my waiting customers came and got me and said I needed to come look at the tv in the waiting room. He made a comment after about 30 minutes that he could see me physically watching this and saw me getting madder and madder and more red in the face. I wanted to re-enlist right then. It was a rough day and now a rough 19 years later. I am still not accepting what was done and our country's response.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I was buying supplies for our mobile home sales company for a set up. Never will forget it. On the way back home from Indy I went by the air port and all the planes were landing, big and small, what a site!
            Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

I walked into work and everyone was in the breakroom watching it on tv, it was terrible!!

I heard nyc will not shine the lights in remembrance this year due to people getting offended

Comment

My kids had just left for school and I'd grabbed a basket of laundry to fold while I watched the news (NBC morning show-Al, Matt etc. )-the 1st plane had already hit and the consensus it was a tragic, terrible accident, then watched live as the 2nd hit and was in shock. Like wc1974 I have the Time magazine from that time.
                No planes in the sky for days.
                Both of my kids were profoundly affected as well-it was terrible time. It definitely contributed to my son joining the military.
                Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                  I walked into work and everyone was in the breakroom watching it on tv, it was terrible!!

I heard nyc will not shine the lights in remembrance this year due to people getting offended
                  Yea, those that get offended can K-M-A!

Why are the idiots catering to these snowflakes...............
                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I was a senior in high school changing classes from English to History. A friend of mine came up to me and said a plane flew into the WTC. I walked straight into History class and turned the TV on, the teacher started yelling at me but I ignored him and found a news channel. We all sat there in silence. What a history class that was that day.

Comment

Like MamaDuke I was asleep here on the West Coast, a girlfriend phoned and said "turn on your tv, NOW!" I did and my husband and I sat there in stunned silence and watched the second plane strike. I will never forget that day. And, like KrisinWA our son was a classmate and team mate of Pat Tillman, and you all know that story. Our son joined the Army National Guard as soon as possible and was deployed multiple times, twice to Afghanistan as a MP at Bagram. Chain reactions happened from that day forward and still impact our lives to this day.
                      Gina 6k
                      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

I woke up from getting a call about what was going on. I enlisted in the Army two days later.
                        Kevin Kerr
                        Storage Commander Cloud Software
                        k[email protected]
                        Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

I was here in California. Woke up early as my hubby had a Dr. appt. in San Francisco. Watched in shock, wondering how a plane hit the tower. Watched 2nd plane hit, as the towers fell and we all held our breathe it was the worst thing I had seen on TV. Before that may have been the JFK assassination. I called the Dr.s office and he said yes they still wanted to see hubby. I was scared to death crossing the Bay Bridge. There were National guard along the bridge. They were pulling over panel trucks and checking them out. Bet Golden Gate Bridge was worse...one of the saddest days for America. God bless those that serve.

Comment

Paris France on Our honeymoon. We flew out of new york and I remember seeing the twin towers during take off. When returned 2 weeks later flew back into new york and there was still smoke rising. It was a very sad moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
                              I woke up from getting a call about what was going on. I enlisted in the Army two days later.
                              Just another reason why I adore you Kevin. Thank you!
                              Gina 6k
                              twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                              VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                              [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                              I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
                                Reply to Cost to build climate control units
                                by Steve_hajewski
                                Above examples is $55 per sq ft. Climate controlled single story will typically cost around 50 to 60 per sqft for eveything excluding land and grading issues other than simply stripping some topsoil and adding fill. Big variables can include level of insulation needed to meet your energy codes, and...
                                Today, 06:48 AM
                              • RandyL
                                Reply to US Reaches 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths
                                by RandyL
                                I understand that from what I said in my post, I imagine the correction was more for other posters. Even those what Dr. Artandi said is right, my question remains about how many more deaths we will have for 2020.

Covid may have ended their lives early, but their underlying issues may...
                                Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                              • Storman
                                If you can vote in CA, please vote NO on Prop 15
                                by Storman
                                This is the proposition that removes the protections of Prop 13 that capped annual property tax increases for both businesses and residences. You can be sure, that if they're able to overturn the Prop 13 protections for business, they'll be coming after those same protections for your house soon. Prop...
                                Yesterday, 10:26 PM
                              Working...
                              X