Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Reaches 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • US Reaches 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths

    Sadly, this is where we are.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

    @AmyCampbell_ISS
    480.281.6091

  • #2
    As you likely know, all those deaths attributed to China Virus are not all about the virus. If the patient had pre-existing conditions that caused the death and they had China Virus at same time, they tallied it as China Virus causing the death. I have no idea what % was like that but is is a fact supplied my numerous sources.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

    Comment


    • #3
      It's a sobering number.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

      WA State

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm going to correct you. It's not a "China" virus. It may have originated there, but it's COVID-19, coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2.
        Amy Campbell
        Editor
        Inside Self-Storage
        [email protected]

        @AmyCampbell_ISS
        480.281.6091

        Comment


        • #5
          I call it from where it came from. Not gonna mince words. Anyone can call it anything they want and it will not bother me. Kind of like Hong Kong flu, huh.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree it is horrible that so many people have perished from this earth that had contracted the Covid-19 virus. At the same time I have also seen the recent CDC study that said that only 6% of the deaths came from people without pre existing conditions.

            Now one of the most common pre existing conditions is what I have which is high blood pressure. This disease has been very damaging to our elderly communities in terms of deaths. This recent CDC study does make me pause and question how many more deaths are we going to have for 2020 than we did in 2019.

            What I mean by that is, are we going to see 20,000 less cancer deaths this year because Covid killed them first? What about each of the other pre existing conditions most of the people have died from? Were these people already going to die this year, but Covid got to them first?

            We are seeing rising cases in the college communities in my state, I am sure this is similar in many other states. The numbers have never been higher here in Iowa. But deaths are not really increasing, hospitalizations are not really increasing either.

            I believe the reason we saw large amounts of deaths in early months was because we were not taking the needed steps to protect our most vulnerable citizens. They paid the price with their lives as we got ready to combat this virus.

            Comment


            • #7
              Didnt the CDC update their numbers to reflect that only 10K actually died from COVID alone, 6% of the total number of deaths. The other 94% were Covid related, meaning they died with Covid but not from Covid. Comparatively,according to the WHO: "Key facts. A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 (including 251 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS). In 2018, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide." But we didnt wear masks and shut everything down now did we? We didnt even know about because it wasnt on the news 24/7. It's awful that anyone has to die but it is the natural way of things. Its even more sad that certain governors went out of their way to harm our elderly and caused their deaths by exposing them to COVID positive patients unnecessarily. 200K positive cases does not equal 200K deaths from COVID. Stop the panic and fearmongering.
              Last edited by wc1974; 23 September 2020, 01:19 PM.
              You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
                Didnt the CDC update their numbers to reflect that only 10K actually died from COVID alone, 6% of the total number of deaths. The other 94% were Covid related, meaning they died with Covid but not from Covid. Comparatively,according to the WHO: "Key facts. A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 (including 251 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS). In 2018, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide." But we didnt wear masks and shut everything down now did we? We didnt even know about because it wasnt on the news 24/7. It's awful that anyone has to die but it is the natural way of things. Its even more sad that certain governors went out of their way to harm our elderly and caused their deaths by exposing them to COVID positive patients unnecessarily. 200K positive cases does not equal 200K deaths from COVID. Stop the panic and fearmongering.
                Agree 1000%. The high numbers and "fearmongering" is a way to get the citizen to knuckle under because the government, of course, know better than we do on how to take care of us. wc1974 is speaking the truth, completely and may be hard for some to hear but it is the hard truth. If someone you know or are related to, passed away, I truly feel for you but the correct blame should be given and not necessarily the "emotional" blame.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  From a Reuters article:

                  The claim that the CDC “admitted that only 6% of… (COVID-19-related) deaths recorded actually died from COVID” is false, because the remaining 94% of cases were instances of comorbidity (the existence of two or more conditions or illnesses in a patient). This does not exclude COVID-19, but combines it with other illnesses, often triggered by the new coronavirus itself.

                  A death certificate can list several causes or conditions that contributed to a person's death. The condition “that began the chain of events that ultimately led to the person’s death” is considered the person’s “underlying cause of death. In these cases, this would be COVID-19.

                  So the 6% is people who ONLY had COVID, not any other conditions. Dr. Maja Artandi, medical director of the Stanford CROWN Clinic said, “If they had not gotten the infection, they would still be alive.”
                  Last edited by Amy_ISS; 23 September 2020, 02:39 PM.
                  Amy Campbell
                  Editor
                  Inside Self-Storage
                  [email protected]

                  @AmyCampbell_ISS
                  480.281.6091

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post

                    So the 6% is people who ONLY had COVID, not any other conditions. Dr. Maja Artandi, medical director of the Stanford CROWN Clinic said, “If they had not gotten the infection, they would still be alive.”
                    I understand that from what I said in my post, I imagine the correction was more for other posters. Even those what Dr. Artandi said is right, my question remains about how many more deaths we will have for 2020.

                    Covid may have ended their lives early, but their underlying issues may have led to their death in 2020 anyway.

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    • Orkocean
                      Reply to Happy Halloween
                      by Orkocean
                      I'll be either sitting in my hotel room watching Netflix or sitting downtown Salem, eating some fried alligator and watching the crazies... I've been driving around with a posable skeleton in my passenger seat. I am tempted to see if I can get it strapped to my segway and use my phone to control it...
                      Today, 02:01 AM
                    • bkinvest
                      Minimum driveway width for 12x30's, need advice
                      by bkinvest
                      I've got 10x20's on 1 side and want to build 12x30's across from them (the demand is for bigger units). The problem is I only have a total of 60' to work with from where the current building is. This would only leave 30' in distance between the 2 buildings? I know it's not ideal, but will it work?...
                      Today, 01:46 AM
                    • Kevin SC
                      Reply to Happy Halloween
                      by Kevin SC
                      Yeah I think we'll be doing a trunk or treat over at our church this year and that's probably it.
                      Yesterday, 06:29 PM
                    Working...
                    X