Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Anyone ever apply for paid family medical leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever apply for paid family medical leave?

Hello all,

Ill be applying soon as I begin to undergo surgeries and chemotherapy treatments for a few months, I jut found out about 2 weeks ago I have cancer that has spread to other organs and will be looking at my options for treatment with oncology tomorrow morning. From what I understand I can be paid up to 12 weeks at 90% of my current pay. Is it like unemployment where you have to keep reapplying every week? I would appreciate tips from anyone who has done that, Thanks! I would just like to mention my employer has been fantastic and flexible with me having to go do bloodwork and scans and whatnot at last minute due to the doctors offices being a tad unorganized and trying to push me through as urgent.
    You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Oh Wendy-I am so sorry! I don't know anyone personally who's applied but I'm pulling for you!
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

I recently dodged that bullet and am very sorry you are going thru this. Please keep us all up to date on the progress. Pulling for you and prayers are being said.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Wendy, I'm so sorry and wish you the best. It's great that your employer has been supportive. Hopefully, a member can offer you some advice.
        Amy Campbell
        Editor
        Inside Self-Storage
        [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Firstly, I am so sorry you are going thru this and will pray for you! I applied for FMLA years ago and not sure if things have changed, but it was just a one-time thing. I didn't have to keep submitting anything to my employer (previous employer). The only thing I was mandated to do after all of the initial paperwork was done, was to bring them documents from my providing doctor stating I was released to go back to work.

Comment

I wish that I was able to answer your question but I am unable to but I am praying and sending good thoughts to you.
            The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dakselfstorage
              Reply to Electronic locks
              by dakselfstorage
              Someone from Janus Noke was supposed to call me a few months ago. I was interested in the electronic locks with OL feature.
              Never heard from them.
              I wanted to know if it some how linked with software or had to OL manually?
              I guess they do not need or want my business if they were a...
              Today, 11:34 AM
            • Steve_hajewski
              Reply to Always-late tenant wants bigger unit
              by Steve_hajewski
              If I was nearly full, i would be less interested in that business, but if I'm in rent up phase I'd rather have a slow payer than no rent from an empty unit.

You might also require her to put a real credit card (not a debit card) on file for automatic payment so that you get paid on time...
              Today, 11:31 AM
            • DairyGirl
              Always-late tenant wants bigger unit
              by DairyGirl
              I have a tenant that is currently in my smallest unit (5x5), and pays $35/month. She has been here since September 2019. Since January 2020, she has been 2 or more weeks late with payment 7 times, including November, which is now 24 days late. She has mentioned the last couple of times she paid that...
              Today, 11:03 AM
            Working...
            X