Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Veterans Day 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Day 2020

A heartfelt thank you to all the veterans and their families. I'd love to hear your stories. Tell us when and where you served our country. If you have a photo, I'd love to see it!
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Whoo, I served back in the dinosaur days..lol. 84-89 during the Cold War. I was Military Police/Customs in Keflavik, Iceland, and supply on board the submarine tender USS Frank Cable in Charleston, SC and La Maddalena, Sardinia. I loved Navy life, round peg in round hole.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

I was on the USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 aircraft carrier from Feb. 1972 to Dec. 1975. I was in the last 2 years of the Vietnam War and then 2 years of peace time. I was ships company and a photographer. The last year in I was on what they called "flight skins" which allowed me to fly on and off the carrier. I have flown in helicopters and jets. Launching off a flight deck and landing on a flight deck is the biggest rush I have ever felt. Like Kris said, I liked being in the Navy and all the places I went to, from San Diego to Mombasa, Kenya and all points in between including Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Phillipines, Guam, South Korea other places I forget now and to Hawaii 10 times. I just did not like some of the guys I went with. I belong to a Tahoe Forum repair help forum and they had me start a Military Thread and I posted many many stories and lots of members have done the same. If anyone is interested in that thread, get back to me and I will post a link to it. Beware, it is a large thread.

The reason I got out a little early was that I was accepted in a college in northern Ca. and was let out when the ship hit port on my last deployment.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        I was on the USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 aircraft carrier from Feb. 1972 to Dec. 1975. I was in the last 2 years of the Vietnam War and then 2 years of peace time. I was ships company and a photographer. The last year in I was on what they called "flight skins" which allowed me to fly on and off the carrier. I have flown in helicopters and jets. Launching off a flight deck and landing on a flight deck is the biggest rush I have ever felt. Like Kris said, I liked being in the Navy and all the places I went to, from San Diego to Mombasa, Kenya and all points in between including Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Phillipines, Guam, South Korea other places I forget now and to Hawaii 10 times. I just did not like some of the guys I went with. I belong to a Tahoe Forum repair help forum and they had me start a Military Thread and I posted many many stories and lots of members have done the same. If anyone is interested in that thread, get back to me and I will post a link to it. Beware, it is a large thread.

The reason I got out a little early was that I was accepted in a college in northern Ca. and was let out when the ship hit port on my last deployment.
        I would be interested to read that!
        Linden Mini Storage, Reno, Nevada
        www.MiniStorageReno.com

Comment

Thank you both for your service to this country!
          Linden Mini Storage, Reno, Nevada
          www.MiniStorageReno.com

Comment

Here is the Military thread at the Tahoe/Yukon forum I belong to:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-force.118133/

I hope it opens for you. After posting the link I did click on it and was able to open it. Have fun reading all thru it. Anyone here is welcome to read it and respond as they wish. Remember, guys and gals joined and served to give you that right to do so.

Comment

The meaning should be obvious.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

USAF 86-90, 47th CES heavy equipment operator.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dakselfstorage
                  Reply to Electronic locks
                  by dakselfstorage
                  Someone from Janus Noke was supposed to call me a few months ago. I was interested in the electronic locks with OL feature.
                  Never heard from them.
                  I wanted to know if it some how linked with software or had to OL manually?
                  I guess they do not need or want my business if they were a...
                  Today, 11:34 AM
                • Steve_hajewski
                  Reply to Always-late tenant wants bigger unit
                  by Steve_hajewski
                  If I was nearly full, i would be less interested in that business, but if I'm in rent up phase I'd rather have a slow payer than no rent from an empty unit.

You might also require her to put a real credit card (not a debit card) on file for automatic payment so that you get paid on time...
                  Today, 11:31 AM
                • DairyGirl
                  Always-late tenant wants bigger unit
                  by DairyGirl
                  I have a tenant that is currently in my smallest unit (5x5), and pays $35/month. She has been here since September 2019. Since January 2020, she has been 2 or more weeks late with payment 7 times, including November, which is now 24 days late. She has mentioned the last couple of times she paid that...
                  Today, 11:03 AM
                Working...
                X