Horrible Amazon Locker Experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Amazon Locker Experience!

So I recently started using Amazon Lockers to have my orders delivered to. I used to have them delivered to my office, but the delivery times were so random and sometimes it wouldn't be until 8-9pm at night (I leave at 6pm). So I had 4-5 orders delivered to this same Amazon Locker with no issues, but then on Wednesday I get a notification that an order is "undeliverable" and being sent back - no explanation as to why! So after multiple calls to Amazon, they finally tell me that the locker is "down" (as in needs to be repaired). Ok, so why the hell did you not just call me to rearrange delivery or just automatically deliver it to the closest working Amazon Locker? No explanation or rationale. All they do is apologize. Well that's just great. This has now happened with TWO orders. These are Christmas presents and Christmas is next week. Thankfully all items in the order were still in stock and say will deliver before Christmas, so I re-ordered them, but now I have to have them delivered to my home address and pray they aren't mis-delivered or stolen while I'm at work. Thanks a lot, Amazon! I can see my Prime Membership money obviously isn't going towards improving your logistics.

tl;dr If you use Amazon Lockers, be prepared to not get your stuff if something goes wrong with the locker because Amazon has no backup plan and will just send your stuff back.

Wow, so far, that's never happened to me. *crosses fingers*.
    "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
    WA state

Comment

Thankfully all my Amazon orders are delivered to where I work where I live. I have the UPS, FedEx and USPS people trained to deliver to me in the office when I am open or to my second side door where I live if I am closed. They also know where to "hide" the package if I am not here. If I see them pull in I always go to meet them to make the delivery quick and they don't have to carry far. I help them and they take care of me. I would much prefer this than to have to drive to a different place to get to a locker.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        Thankfully all my Amazon orders are delivered to where I work where I live. I have the UPS, FedEx and USPS people trained to deliver to me in the office when I am open or to my second side door where I live if I am closed. They also know where to "hide" the package if I am not here. If I see them pull in I always go to meet them to make the delivery quick and they don't have to carry far. I help them and they take care of me. I would much prefer this than to have to drive to a different place to get to a locker.
        I've had 'porch pirates' so I either make sure it's delivered on my days off or to a locker close by.
        "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
        WA state

Comment

Where I live the door to my home is around the back and if package is left there the porch pirate has to be able to see it and they can't unless they take the time to walk in off the street, around a fence, and then go behind the office and home and then find the hidey hole.

I am well aware of the porch pirates dilemma. The owner here has a million dollar home here in the neighborhood where the facility is at and he and the wife spend 1/2 time here and 1/2 time in Arizona. They get all packages from anyone shipped to my office address because they had 2 packages stolen from their home here.

I freakin' hate thieves, or better known as the "entitled masses".

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
            Well not everyone has that luxury. The vast majority of things I order through Amazon ship with Amazon (not USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.) and it's almost ALWAYS a different driver. But the problem with that was, like I said, is that although most times it would be delivered during our office hours (9am-6pm), every now and then you'd get one that wouldn't get there until as late as 9pm! I don't live at work, so I'm not about to stay 3 hours there just to get a package. There's also no place to hide a package (and I wouldn't trust that whatever random driver I get would follow the instructions). The Amazon Locker is great (when it works...) because it's between my house and work, so I can pick the package up at my convenience 24/7 and it's secure.

I also do what you do with delivery drivers, but it's not the issue here.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
              Wow, so far, that's never happened to me. *crosses fingers*.
              Cross them really tight! I'm hoping that a locker actually becoming unusable is a rare fluke and not a common occurrence. And normally I wouldn't be so irritated by having to re-order (even though it's still tacky that they handle it that way instead of just giving you the option of re-routing the package to another locker or address) except that these are Christmas presents for other people. If this had happened a few days later (or if the items were not in stock still), it would have been too late to get the reorder here in time for Christmas!

Comment

Sounds like a great reason to shop early for Christmas. Maybe start in July from here on out!

Comment

I used to work for one of the major shipping companies and god bless our delivery guys and gals This locker idea might be a great value add for some operators in convenient locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
                    I used to work for one of the major shipping companies and god bless our delivery guys and gals This locker idea might be a great value add for some operators in convenient locations.
                    Believe me, I'm not criticizing the delivery drivers (lest anyone get that idea). I'm criticizing Amazon's complete lack of a backup procedure for getting packages to their customers if one of their own lockers fails rather than just return a bunch of shipments for a refund. Maybe this is the first locker ever to fail in Amazon Locker history? I'm sure the delivery drivers are just following procedure/orders.

Comment

Wasn't saying you were. just saying god bless them, this was the most difficult peak in history for everyone. I hate that happened.

Comment

Thankfully I have never used the lockers but it's good to know.
                        I know you can have them all scheduled to be delivered on a certain day when you would be home.
                        IDK how they can make $ on deliveries.
                        The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

My daughter drives for Amazon and it is very tough work and they don't take care of their employees, say, the way you or I would. So thank you for standing up for them. And by the way, they really like snacks left for them LOL.

Anyway, I am glad you posted this thread. I have been considering putting in Amazon lockers at a new facility just for the traffic. Anyone doing that? I would love to know your thoughts if you are. I don't believe they are a money maker and you have to pay for them. So there's that. Not sure if it would be worth it.
                          Stephanie Tharpe
                          President
                          A+ Management Group, LP
                          Nashville, TN
                          www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                          www.tnssa.net

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X