New Hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hobbies

Have you picked up any new hobbies since the pandemic began?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Knob Creek and 101 ways to eat mac and cheese.

Comment

I've really been into making the dent in my couch where I sit a bit deeper. haha!

Comment

Originally posted by AjmCorona View Post
        I've really been into making the dent in my couch where I sit a bit deeper. haha!
        That same spot on my loveseat is right next to the spot I set my bourbon tumbler. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Home improvement-I've become the dreaded homeowner who has decided to change everything. Well, I can't afford to change everything, but moving things around, painting, etc.etc.
          When I bought my condo I found out that behind/beneath the kitchen cabinets was rot and mold, and replaced all of that and the leak got fixed. But I could only afford the basic cabinets (white shaker, so much better). So during covid I've bought metal roll out racks for several and installed them myself. (pats self on back).
          "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
          Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
          WA state

Comment

I got my Amateur Radio license. Studied up and passed the test for Technician in late July. In early November I passed the test for General. Now I'm studying for my Extra, the highest level in Amateur Radio. Only problem is that it's an expensive hobby!

Comment

Not exactly a new hobby but I have started playing the piano more. I can't read music fast enough to sound good, but I can play popular stuff by ear halfway decent using a "fake book" which is basically just words and chords.

It's a great stress reliever, even if my family does insist that i wear headphones (usually i play a digital piano) so they don't have to hear it.

Comment

I've really gotten into competitive eating these days. However, I am usually my own competition unless my son is home.

Comment

I purchased a High end Dovo Straight razor and started to shave only with that. I only shave about once a week or longer and since the start have 34 Straight razor shaves. They say it takes 100 shaves to become proficient. Every once in a while, I as my wife says look like I got into a fight with a cat.
                  I have also purchased a few antique Straights. Mostly from the 1800's.
                  The thing that got me started was a social media add for a real nice looking blade touting to be an American Company. After some inquiries I found it was cheap Chinese steel and researched and joined some forums. The Dovo is from one of the oldest Straight razor factories in Germany.

No that I think about it, after all this snowplowing I may shave today. #35 Yeah.
                  Joe Krezdorn
                  DAK Self Storage
                  Leesport, PA 19533
                  www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                    I've really gotten into competitive eating these days. However, I am usually my own competition unless my son is home.
                    Oh, me too. I have gained the 'COVID 15'. I can also bake bread now.
                    WA state

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
                      I purchased a High end Dovo Straight razor and started to shave only with that. I only shave about once a week or longer and since the start have 34 Straight razor shaves. They say it takes 100 shaves to become proficient. Every once in a while, I as my wife says look like I got into a fight with a cat.
                      I have also purchased a few antique Straights. Mostly from the 1800's.
                      The thing that got me started was a social media add for a real nice looking blade touting to be an American Company. After some inquiries I found it was cheap Chinese steel and researched and joined some forums. The Dovo is from one of the oldest Straight razor factories in Germany.

No that I think about it, after all this snowplowing I may shave today. #35 Yeah.
                      Yikes! I don't even like to handle box cutters because I am that graceful! (not)
                      WA state

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post

Yikes! I don't even like to handle box cutters because I am that graceful! (not)
                        That's too funny. My wife is petrified of this and sharp knives. She does not even like to watch me shave especially my neck.
                        It does take a bit of concentration.
                        Joe Krezdorn
                        DAK Self Storage
                        Leesport, PA 19533
                        www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

That's too funny. My wife is petrified of this and sharp knives. She does not even like to watch me shave especially my neck.
                          I'm with her.
                          WA state

Comment

It's no big deal. It's like watching a NASCAR race and waiting and waiting for the big wreck. Will it happen or will it not!

Comment

I have bought a ton of new books, none of which have been opened!
                              I have tons of "to-do" lists and again nothing has been checked off of my to do list! LOL
                              I also have tons of notes of wish list's.
                              HA HA HA
                              But we could still talk endlessly about The Young and The Restless and anything that has aired on HGTV!!!
                              HA HA HA
                              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X