Artistic Endeavors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artistic Endeavors

Do you consider your artistic? Do you play or write music, compose stories or poems? Are you a crafter? Do you paint or draw? Share your story.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

My story is that I am artistic as a rock.
    So I guess I am good at composing short stories...

Comment

I am not artsy or crafty!

Just my quick witted tongue I suppose!
      I am from New Jersey!

Does that count???
      HA HA HA
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMac View Post
        My story is that I am artistic as a rock.
        So I guess I am good at composing short stories...
        me too...… I can manage storage though!!

Comment

I do some photography-but mostly manage storage. I like nature and architectural photos, especially bridges and old buildings. I took a lot of so so and some really nice photos on my drive from WA to CA on my phone. I then get Amazon to print them in the size I want they mail it to me in a couple of days. Instant gratification. I think I'll invest in a lightweight nicer camera at some point.
          "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
          Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
          Always sunny in California

Comment

I crochet and I cross stitch. But once I completed this blanket for my grandson, I decided I don't like to do those things anymore!

And I sew. I used to make a lot of my own clothes and all the clothes for my kids. But last year when the lockdown hit, I made myself a couple masks. And that made me realize I no longer like to sew, either!!!

I guess I'm no longer crafty or artistic!!!
            20210530_101553.jpg
            MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
              I crochet and I cross stitch. But once I completed this blanket for my grandson, I decided I don't like to do those things anymore!

And I sew. I used to make a lot of my own clothes and all the clothes for my kids. But last year when the lockdown hit, I made myself a couple masks. And that made me realize I no longer like to sew, either!!!

I guess I'm no longer crafty or artistic!!!
              20210530_101553.jpg
              Super cute! I used to cross stitch but boy, have those little squares gotten smaller.
              "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
              Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
              Always sunny in California

Comment

I was a cake decorator for 15 years in one of my prior professions. I've changed over to repurposing furniture and some light woodwork. So I would consider myself artistic...when I have some time and energy left from managing storage. LOL
                Attached Files
                Last edited by fishhu1968; 14 October 2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Lovely work MamaDuke and fishhu1968.
                  Amy Campbell
                  Editor
                  Inside Self-Storage
                  [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

fishhu1968 that's great work!
                    MamaDuke

Comment

Thank Ya MamaDuke!

Comment

I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed in using all sorts of power and woodworking tools. So who needs a pattern or a blueprint? Not this gal. That's just one of my many strange talents.

But fishhu1968 I sure wish you were local to me, I have a very old piece I'd turn you lose on to bring it back to it's former glory. Nice work.
                        MamaDuke That's cute. I'm currently working on a "Sleep Tight Teddy Bear" blanket for our newest. If I ever get it finished you'll see it on that other website.
                        Gina 6k
                        twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                        VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                        [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                        I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinWA
                          Ideas? We have this greasy dirt
                          by KrisinWA
                          and re-painted doors, so I can't have them pressure wash them. I wanted to know if anyone had a surefire dirt remover for their roll up doors? I'm thinking of squirt of dawn soap and vinegar in water. Anyone have something better?...
                          Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                        • KrisinWA
                          Reply to Tenant Points Gun at Manager
                          by KrisinWA
                          A lot of managers are by themselves, including me-most of the time. I have to do the rounds by myself and I wouldn't even think twice about lifting an unlocked door to check if it's empty or whatever....
                          Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                        • Gina6k
                          Reply to Artistic Endeavors
                          by Gina6k
                          I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed...
                          Yesterday, 05:49 PM
                        Working...
                        X