Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Storage box source wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage box source wanted

We are now looking to begin selling moving/storage boxes and would like a good source to buy them? From what I can find, the cheapest place to buy them is not from the wholesaler, but from Home Depot! The problem is that they have their name all over the boxes so we can't mark them up enough to be worth carrying them and customers can buy them direct from HD. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Perhaps if enough of us get together we can get some volume thing going with drop ships to individual locations? I am looking for creative ideas here. Anyone got any?

Re: Storage box source wanted

Try Uline. A web search should bring them right up.
    They have several locations and ship them. I have a uline about 30 miles from here and order a bunch at a time. Drive over and pick up.
    Joe Krezdorn
    DAK Self Storage
    Leesport, PA 19533
    www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

We use uline, they are the cheapest we have found, as long as you don't want anything printed on them, I'm not sure if they offer that or not. You are right about home depot though, they sell them for just under what we can buy them for. We sell a fair amount of boxes here though, it's the whole we are here lets just go ahead and get boxes now factor that sells them.

Comment

We use UHaul. Good prices, and pretty quick delivery. I was told that you don't have to be a UHaul dealer to buy from them.
        Bob Taylor (Astro)
        Blue Ridge Self Storage
        Cashiers, NC

Disclaimer: What Gina said....'cause the the cheese fell of my cracker.

Comment

I use U-Haul because I'm a dealer. If not, I'd use Uline. They have great prices.

And remember, even though Home Depot boxes are less expensive, they are also not as strong and won't hold up as well in the move as many of the boxes from companies we would purchase through.
          MamaDuke

Comment

There are local box manufacturers in some area that provide perfectly good boxes and free delivery and put up for less cost then the big nationwide companies.

In North Carolina and the northern part of South Carolina, Gran Alley Boxes is the best price we have found. They deliver, unload, and put the boxes away for us.

I'd do some searching on the internet before I picked any one in particular. There may be someone local to you that can supply you at a good price.

Comment

Hi,

We use plastic boxes from Alison Handling for our boxes, you can buy used and save a fair few .

Plastic isnt the cheapest upfront but I find the boxes last as long if not longer than the cardboard counterparts.

Theodore!

Comment

We use Uhaul and find the prices to be good. Delivery is free as long as you buy enough at one time (I think $300 worth). You don't have to be a dealer but do need to sign up to be part of eMove buyers club. For an additional $4.95 per month they will list your facility on thier site and it is well worth it. I get just a few rental la year from them but for that cost, its more than worth it.

Comment

Well, I guess you have found the answer to your thread! I agree that the storage boxes from Home Depot are definitely priced very reasonably but their watermark is not so pleasing if you intend to market them as your own. I have not tried Uline or Uhaul before but an internet search showed quite positive reviews about them. It is always a better option to purchase from a wholesale rather than by individual packages.
                  Cameron Robertson - Self Storage Northern Beaches

Comment

Where I work now they use uline. Only problem is the freight charge negates the price for us. Not close to any warehouse of theirs. I think there is someone in the Vero Beach or Ft. Pierce area of Florida who does boxes
                    Anyone who may now of this company please post. I need cheaper boxes and free delivery. (or at least reasonable!) Whatever company this is approached my previous employer and they turned it down as they had what they wanted. Any help appreciated!!

Comment

We use Move n Store. We've found they tend to be about 7%-10% less then uline for boxes.
                      Chasing Perfection to catch Excellence

Comment

I did an extensive box price/shipping costs/breadth of inventory comparison of 12 box suppliers last year including every one mentioned on this topic, as the box supplier in NC that I swore by decided not to cross the state line into South Carolina anymore and "fired" all their SC customers.

To my surprise....U-Haul won hands down! Free shipping if you order $300 or more...and some other items can be purchased to include in the $300 total such as bubble wrap, newsprint, shrink wrap etc....accurate orders and weekly delivery...and the price is phenomenally low...along with an incredible range of box sizes and type.

So they made a believer out of me, I've been ordering from them ever since to my complete satisfaction.

Comment

Also try CDS Moving Equipment Inc.

Comment

I realize this post was a month ago--but we use Supply Side because they print with our company logo on them. We order a large qty at once to get free shipping.

Success always involves risk; you can't steal second base with your foot on first. - Frederick Wilcox

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X