Zoning/Permitted use for parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoning/Permitted use for parking

Biggest problem right now is finding a piece of land that has the right zoning, once I find it, making sure that the use falls into place with that lot. Industrial is the easiest zoning, but most are in an industrial park, those tend to have PD or Associations that limit the use, making it hard to find a place at a reasonable price to purchase... Any ideas on types of properties that would be easier to purchase and maybe convert to outdoor storage?

Originally posted by Tainted Meat View Post
    Biggest problem right now is finding a piece of land that has the right zoning, once I find it, making sure that the use falls into place with that lot. Industrial is the easiest zoning, but most are in an industrial park, those tend to have PD or Associations that limit the use, making it hard to find a place at a reasonable price to purchase... Any ideas on types of properties that would be easier to purchase and maybe convert to outdoor storage?
    Industrial is most always the typical zoning for outdoor parking. What type of limitations are you talking about? Can you be a bit more specific?
    Stephanie Tharpe
    President
    A+ Management Group, LP
    Nashville, TN
    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post

Industrial is most always the typical zoning for outdoor parking. What type of limitations are you talking about? Can you be a bit more specific?
      Where are you from, that might get you some answers, like Music City Gal said be more specific
      Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Scott View Post

Where are you from, that might get you some answers, like Music City Gal said be more specific
        Hey Dave, he is in Florida. We have a rather large parking area there and we did not run into limitations on it and that is why I was wondering...any advice you may have is appreciated I'm sure!
        Stephanie Tharpe
        President
        A+ Management Group, LP
        Nashville, TN
        www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
        www.tnssa.net

Comment

OK Contact a good Real Estate broker that does commercial rea estate, check on zoning, if it is not zoned for vehicle storage that can be changed with the board meeting at the county. Make your offer subject to zoning. Have a good layout plan for your lots, etc etc
          Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Sorry took a bit.... yes in Florida... I have found properties that meet the required zoning, they are just few and far between, and in the Orange County, the premium is so high that it makes my formula very tight on the numbers.... so yes, looking further out, but it just seems like its hard to really do it right and be close to a large city. I see guys doing it, but they were not purpose built for this, and most are not even zoned for it they just started parking RVs at their shop etc...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X