Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell tower RF emissions disclosure requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell tower RF emissions disclosure requirements?

Does anybody know if there are state or federal requirements to disclose to customers and tenants of a storage facility that there is a cell tower on the property which emits radio frequencies?

I've contacted the cell company, and they've given me an FCC consumer fact sheet to distribute if a person has questions (which clearly states the exposure is well below allowable limits on the ground, but don't shimmy up the 50' pole and lick the antennas), but I can't seem to find anything that states that I have or don't have a legal responsibility to disclose the presence of a tower and the RF emissions.

I'm in CA, which makes me more concerned about disclosure requirements than if I were located in Wyoming.
    Last edited by Storman; 23 January 2016, 01:46 AM.
    In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Re: Cell tower RF emissions disclosure requirements?

My Indio, CA property had a cell tower. We had a "do everything by the books, no exceptions" management company, so if it was required, we did it. All we had was a sign on the window.
    MamaDuke

Comment

Is that what the blue pole is on your property? Yes, Steve & I drove past your place yesterday afternoon. We were out cruising around, doing some errands and there we were at a stop light and it was the far back corner of your place. LOL! Great signage, nice & classy Storman.
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Yep, that's the blue pole. We required them to paint it the color we specified during the lease negotiations. For most of the year it's pretty close to the color of our sky and disappears nicely.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

It was dark & gloomy when we drove past. Good move Storman.
          Gina 6k
          twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
          VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
          [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
          I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X