Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Just got a call from MD7, saying they'd like to renegotiate my tower lease.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call from MD7, saying they'd like to renegotiate my tower lease.....

Seemed fishy. I gave the guy a hard time on the phone, but he had all the right information.

A little Googling came up with this:

https://www.airwaveadvisors.com/blog/md7-or-blackdot/

Be careful if you're cell tower site owner, looks like they're trouble. My cell tenant may hire these guys just to see what they can do, keeping enough distance to deny it was their tactic.
    Last edited by Storman; 28 October 2020, 05:11 PM.
    In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Interesting read. I have T-mobile-and they literally just replaced the whole kit and kaboodle this year. We'll have to see I guess.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

We get people all the time wanting to buy our tower lease. We have 2 towers at the present time and are happy with our long term lease. We sold one property with a tower. I wish I had a tower on every property!!! Good easy money

Comment

Originally posted by Foxes Den View Post
        We get people all the time wanting to buy our tower lease. We have 2 towers at the present time and are happy with our long term lease. We sold one property with a tower. I wish I had a tower on every property!!! Good easy money
        I get those calls too, which is what I thought this was when he first called. This is different, they don't want to buy your lease, they want to renegotiate it on behalf of your cell tenant (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc.) Seems like these guys have tacit approval from your tenant to call you and represent that they are working on behalf of those companies, in an attempt to scare you into renegotiating.

I hang up immediately on the "buy your lease" guys, but this guy's pitch was different. He made it sound like there was an issue with the lease already in place. I gave him a hard time and told him that his call was fishy, he said he would email me the proper documentation to show that it was all on the up and up. 2.5 hours later, and still no email.....
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post

I get those calls too, which is what I thought this was when he first called. This is different, they don't want to buy your lease, they want to renegotiate it on behalf of your cell tenant (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc.) Seems like these guys have tacit approval from your tenant to call you and represent that they are working on behalf of those companies, in an attempt to scare you into renegotiating.

I hang up immediately on the "buy your lease" guys, but this guy's pitch was different. He made it sound like there was an issue with the lease already in place. I gave him a hard time and told him that his call was fishy, he said he would email me the proper documentation to show that it was all on the up and up. 2.5 hours later, and still no email.....
          Ok I see what you are saying I would not trust them, but I would check with the tenant AT&T and the rest to see what they had to say.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evansr
            Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
            by evansr
            For our rate increases, we have taken a REIT approach, rates goes up on a schedule, but can easily be adjusted at a site level based on demand, customer issues, occupancies, etc.

Our discounts have been very limited already due to almost all unit groups being over 90%, if a discount is...
            Today, 09:11 PM
          • pacnwstorage
            Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
            by pacnwstorage
            Are you sure one size fits all for all the facilities and neighborhoods they are in? We do rate increases as needed and not on a schedule of 9 months. I have had 6 years in a row of increases over the year before and will do it again this year for a total of 7. We stress the security of the facility...
            Today, 08:29 PM
          • evansr
            2021 Goals & To Do's
            by evansr
            Hello Everyone, I am starting to put together our 2021 Goals and to-do's for our sites to present to the big boss for final approval. What is everyone looking at for 2021...with everything going on with this year, we still want to present a "normal" outlook and not "everything's on fire!"...
            Today, 06:53 PM
          Working...
          X