Cell Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Tower

I am about to contact a Cell phone company about a Cell Phone tower placement on my Storage property. During the first phone call to them, they might ask what rate I am looking at charging them. Can someone email me or reply with a rate that I should be charging?

[email protected]
    Thank you

Tell them to come out and take a look at the property first and see if it will meet their needs. During your interactions with them you will be able to determine whether or not your location is desirable. There are many factors, like proximity to power, city restrictions, 24 hour access, topography, etc.

No matter what, the rent they pay you will be far better than a storage tenant, don't get too greedy, likely there are other places they can go. I wouldn't talk money on the first phone call, let them do the legwork and you'll have more information than you do now.

For reference, we have a cell tower on our facility, we negotiated an annual increase in rent and they have paid it on time with no problems for the past 5 years. For one tower, we're getting about $2500 per month and we've "given up" 3 units that would otherwise earn us about $500 a month if they were always rented. We are in a very expensive area though, with literally hundreds of thousands of cell users, I'm certain that comes into play when they determine the value of a cell site.
    In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I for one am very interested in this - I keep pushing our owners to check into this area, but no tower yet.

Keep us informed as to how the process goes.

Thanks
      Wayne
      Jamestown, ND

All arguments can be resolved ... with high explosives and Humor!!!

Comment

How about some details...

Malahki:

Details are key - Stormann makes an excellent point about creating interest to begin with, but if they say "we'd love to do it", you'll want to be ready.

What can you share about your facility, and the area in which it is located?

towerguy
        Over 1000 towers served and growing.

Comment

Who to contact

anyone know who to contact? i have tried but not gotten thru to the right department... I am in a remote area and think this would work for us and them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinWA
            Ideas? We have this greasy dirt
            by KrisinWA
            and re-painted doors, so I can't have them pressure wash them. I wanted to know if anyone had a surefire dirt remover for their roll up doors? I'm thinking of squirt of dawn soap and vinegar in water. Anyone have something better?...
            Yesterday, 06:02 PM
          • KrisinWA
            Reply to Tenant Points Gun at Manager
            by KrisinWA
            A lot of managers are by themselves, including me-most of the time. I have to do the rounds by myself and I wouldn't even think twice about lifting an unlocked door to check if it's empty or whatever....
            Yesterday, 05:58 PM
          • Gina6k
            Reply to Artistic Endeavors
            by Gina6k
            I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed...
            Yesterday, 05:49 PM
          Working...
          X