Most Unusual Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Unusual Service

I have become an authorized "balikbayan" box shipping agent. Look that one up for the most unusual service I have ever offered to add income to the facility.
    The End Is Near!

Re: Most Unusual Service

Originally posted by Ralph87gn View Post
    I have become an authorized "balikbayan" box shipping agent. Look that one up for the most unusual service I have ever offered to add income to the facility.
    How interesting!!! Do you only have Filipino customers who procure these from you? Do you also take care of the shipping of the boxes? Would be interested in hearing how high the demand is for this service!

Pat
    High Point, NC

Success always involves risk; you can't steal second base with your foot on first. - Frederick Wilcox

Comment

Currently the only customers we have are shipping to the Phillipines and demand is sufficient to fill a 40 foot container at least once a month. The company that does the shipping rents a total of eight 10x15 spaces and an office from us. They handle all the serious work, I merely dispense boxes and put some in their units that are dropped off here locally. The lady in charge of this operation has said they may expand shipping to other countries and that would be fine with me, more boxes, more storage spaces needed equals more money for me. I am fortunate that the facility has a large warehouse area and a loading dock capable of handling the containers otherwise it would not be feasible to offer this service.
      The End Is Near!

Comment

Ha, what a unique and cool service!

Is this Wikipedia article accurate in describing it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balikbayan_box
        John Carlisle
        Community Manager Emeritus
        Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
        www.chicagoprowriter.com

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlisle View Post
          Ha, what a unique and cool service!

Is this Wikipedia article accurate in describing it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balikbayan_box
          Yes it is.
          The End Is Near!

Comment

Interesting article.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X