Got Wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Wine?

Came across a great article on wine storage today. Highlights some facilities offering wine storage.

Anyone offering wine storage or considering it?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

We would love to offer that but I do not think we have a market for it. However anyone that would like to store wine in my refridgerator is more than welcome!! wink wink!
    Stephanie Tharpe
    President
    A+ Management Group, LP
    Nashville, TN
    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Had a guy store wine here last summer (we are air cooled). He hasn't come back to say his wine turned to vinegar, so we may have lucked out. It did hit 120 here last summer. As for making a habit of it, I don't think so. Some of that stuff can be pretty high value. We are more Muscatel or Boonesfarm type people anyway.

Comment

Amy
        First thanks for working so hard with Mel and me at the Vegas Q & A. Running around the room with a mic is really no fun.
        Re wine storage - I have several clients that are planning wine storage areas at their new facilities. Over the years, I have found it to be a very very niche market. You have to be in the right part of town to make it work. I have seen annual rental rates in the $65 to $100 per sq ft range so if you can make it work the profit incentive is there to off-set the high cost of construction.
        MisterJim444
        Learning Never Ends, But Will Time?

Comment

Originally posted by acampbell View Post
          Came across a great article on wine storage today. Highlights some facilities offering wine storage.

Anyone offering wine storage or considering it?
          A local grocery store called & needed wine storage around Christmas for their overstock. We lost out because we only had a 10 x 10 temperature controlled unit at that time, and they needed much larger. That's the only time we've had a request for it, tho.

Pat
          Jamestown, NC

Success always involves risk; you can't steal second base with your foot on first. - Frederick Wilcox

Comment

I don't know about wine but we know one fellow who is growing mushrooms (Sponge variety) for a couple gourmet grocers in the area.
            The CC unit has the desired temperature and no lighting is good lighting.
            The ten foot ceilings offer plenty of space for his free-standing, stacked, shallow shelves that produce bumper crops over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksewell View Post
              I don't know about wine but we know one fellow who is growing mushrooms (Sponge variety) for a couple gourmet grocers in the area.
              The CC unit has the desired temperature and no lighting is good lighting.
              The ten foot ceilings offer plenty of space for his free-standing, stacked, shallow shelves that produce bumper crops over and over.
              wow--how cool is that?!!

Pat
              Jamestown, NC

Success always involves risk; you can't steal second base with your foot on first. - Frederick Wilcox

Comment

wine storage

Plantation Storage in Bluffton, SC has offered wine storage for years. Check out our lockers at www.plantationstorage.com
                March Chase
                Vice President
                Southeast Management Co.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X