Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine Tasting to Bring Attention to Wine Storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Tasting to Bring Attention to Wine Storage?

Have any of you who offer wine storage thought about hosting one those high-falutin' hoighty-toighty wine tastings as a marketing event?

People. Will. Always. Come. For. Free. Booze. Just make sure your city/state won't ding you for not having a liquor license--unless, of course, the process for getting one is pretty easy. Then it might be worth it anyway.

Just a thought.
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

Re: Wine Tasting to Bring Attention to Wine Storage?

I don't do wine storage, but I think this is a great idea! I would absolutely figure out how to make it happen if I had the wine storage.
    MamaDuke

Comment

Not a bad idea; only thing I think would be a problem is the liability for such an event.
      Self Storage Marketing Solutions by Fully Charged Marketing Ltd.

Self storage marketing powered by storage industry insiders.

Comment

We've done this as a Chamber of Commerce mixer event. It works great and the liability issue is on the Chamber as they are hosting, they just use our location. No one ever gets impaired at these events so it's a win-win.
        Gina 6k
        twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
        VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
        [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
        I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina6k View Post
          No one ever gets impaired at these events so it's a win-win.
          Perhaps you should get them impaired and then pull out the rental agreements.
          Self Storage Marketing Solutions by Fully Charged Marketing Ltd.

Self storage marketing powered by storage industry insiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina6k View Post
            We've done this as a Chamber of Commerce mixer event. It works great and the liability issue is on the Chamber as they are hosting, they just use our location. No one ever gets impaired at these events so it's a win-win.
            No one? Ever? What kind of party is that, Gina? Step up your game a little.
            John Carlisle
            Community Manager Emeritus
            Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
            www.chicagoprowriter.com

Comment

The one time we assumed ALL liability we did have to get an approval from the Chief of Police. We threw a massive party, think a wedding style event for 500 folks. Catered affair, tables, umbrellas, linens, a live dance band and booze, booze and more booze. We invited EVERYONE! Even our competitors which was a hoot. We billed it as our 454 Day Celebration. Why? Think engine size and the fact that we never had a grand opening so it was just an excuse to throw a party.

Another time we did an entire carnival themed party, brought in cotton candy & popcorn machines, 8 foot long deli sandwiches, a dunk tank and other assorted games and raised money for a charity while CDs provided the background music to a bunch of fun. That time we had a keg & plenty of wine.

FYI, to me, most all wine tastes like rot gut so as for "high-falutin' hoighty-toighty wine tastings" who cares. Stick with one step up from the run of the mill (Annie Greensprings, Boone's Farm, Gallo) and then just make sure everyone has a great time so they remember you. And yes, as SSandecki stated; have contracts ready to sign while they're slightly inebriated.

I just remembered something. I once heard a young woman talk about a "Glass tasting" party. She was purchasing all sorts of high end stemware (which she was returning AFTER the party) so she & her friends could sample the same wine in various types of crystal. Talk about high falutin'...
              Last edited by Gina6k; 18 June 2012, 07:32 PM.
              Gina 6k
              twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
              VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
              [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
              I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Wine tasting……. What a great idea…….. for some...

I tried it once, last day of my senior year in high school. I think it was Santa Fe something? Back then it was somewhere around 75 cents to a $1 for a gallon jug. Woke up in the back seat of a friend car, I smelled like S***. It was only 100+ degrees that day. Made it to my last class and the teacher sent me to the principal’s office, called my parents, had to take half a year over again.
                I have never even thought about trying it to this day.

Best of luck to all you tasters.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X