Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminating spaces?

Hello,
    We are eliminating a good portion of our outdoor parking. I need to know the best way to inform the tenant. We were thinking of sending each one a termination notice but I was worried that once we did if they do not vacate we would be left without a lease? Does anyone know the best way to proceed?

I would include in the termination notice that if they have not removed the vehicle by xx/xx/xxxx then the vehicle will be towed by XYZ towing. That way you're cleared out either way. Just be sure you have an agreement in place with a towing company before you send out the notices.
    MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
      I would include in the termination notice that if they have not removed the vehicle by xx/xx/xxxx then the vehicle will be towed by XYZ towing. That way you're cleared out either way. Just be sure you have an agreement in place with a towing company before you send out the notices.
      Thank you, very good idea. I was trying to figure out what to do if they do not vacate. Then I would be without a lease.

Comment

1. Partner with a local tow yard company.
        2. Put together your legal letter stating that as of a certain day you will no longer be offering the outdoor parking spaces and that you are sorry and that they now have X amount of days and that they will need to have removed from your property their stored vehicle.
        3. In this letter it must be stated WHEN they will need to have their vehicles removed by AND it will need to be spelled out as to when and who will be towing their vehicle if they choose to not follow the legal notification of removing their stored vehicle.
        4. Make sure to include in the letter/notice the full name, address and all contact info of said tow company that you will be partnered with.

Good luck and please, keep us posted!

PS. Keep this in mind, I am in NJ and we are partnered with a local tow yard, in the event I get a vehicle in a unit and it goes to auction.
        I MUST have posted on my property at the entrance a HUGE metal sign, stating the lien laws and about having vehicles towed that are not allowed on my property! You too will more than likely be REQUIRED by law, to have this metal sign too.
        Think about all the times you go shopping, you will see this tow signs because it is the law! Consumers must have been notified before they break the law!
        It reminds me of warning labels!
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
          1. Partner with a local tow yard company.
          2. Put together your legal letter stating that as of a certain day you will no longer be offering the outdoor parking spaces and that you are sorry and that they now have X amount of days and that they will need to have removed from your property their stored vehicle.
          3. In this letter it must be stated WHEN they will need to have their vehicles removed by AND it will need to be spelled out as to when and who will be towing their vehicle if they choose to not follow the legal notification of removing their stored vehicle.
          4. Make sure to include in the letter/notice the full name, address and all contact info of said tow company that you will be partnered with.

Good luck and please, keep us posted!

PS. Keep this in mind, I am in NJ and we are partnered with a local tow yard, in the event I get a vehicle in a unit and it goes to auction.
          I MUST have posted on my property at the entrance a HUGE metal sign, stating the lien laws and about having vehicles towed that are not allowed on my property! You too will more than likely be REQUIRED by law, to have this metal sign too.
          Think about all the times you go shopping, you will see this tow signs because it is the law! Consumers must have been notified before they break the law!
          It reminds me of warning labels!
          Thank you, great advise and I appreciate this so much!

Comment

allsecure
            You are so welcome!
            This is why I LOVE our forum!
            Being able to share our knowledge!
            Please keep us posted with what you are going to do and all the good stuff!!!
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X