Facility on U.S.-Mexico Border Is Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facility on U.S.-Mexico Border Is Rejected

"A proposal to build a 44-unit self-storage facility in Nogales, Ariz., was rejected by the Nogales Planning and Zoning Commission with a 3-1 vote this week.

"Nogales Properties proposed to build the facility facing the Arizona-Mexico border near Interstate 19. The strip of land was once a site of cross-border tunneling." (More of the story here.)

Personally, I think this business could have done well, especially with locker rental and other short-term storage as people cross the border for a day or a few days and don't want to (or can't) take certain items into the other country.
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

we'll tolerate kidnappings, drug smuggling, illegals, even murder, but by gosh, we will not allow self-storage. Sorry, but that is my initial take. Seems the industry's perception problems are not entirely changed.

Comment

I can see how this might be a bad idea in an area of prior tunneling. I can picture a 5x5 storage door opening up from the inside and pouring out the proverbial clown car of humans. I would think the city leaders would rather have a poison ivy farm running the length of the border.
      In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X