This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AZ Immigration Law Signed

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed a very controversial immigration law yesterday that will require law enforcement to stop anyone whom they suspect is in the country illegally and ask them to show their IDs/papers.

What do you think of this new law, and how does it affect self-storage and other similar businesses?
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

Re: New AZ Immigration Law Signed

I am in favor of this bill. Of course, if that law applied here in Cashiers, there would be no casual, day labor for the wealthy to use.
    Bob Taylor (Astro)
    Blue Ridge Self Storage
    Cashiers, NC

Disclaimer: What Gina said....'cause the the cheese fell of my cracker.

Comment

I am all for the new immigration law. It won't affect our business much, along with a lot of military clients we also have police, sheriffs deputies, border patrol agents, and home land security that have units here. If they don't speak english it is up to them to bring an interpreter and they must have an ID to rent here. So illegal immigrants don't come by our facility very often.
      Of course Mr. Obama doesn't like it that a state has taken action...but that is another story for another time.

Comment

All I can say is God bless Uncle Joe!!! And thank God at least one state has the guts to stand up to Obama and take action!

this will be interesting as it will show Obama for what he is - and it flies in the face of Obama followers as they believe in amnesty for all.

Should be an interesting battle that will tie up the courts for a long time.
        Wayne
        Jamestown, ND

All arguments can be resolved ... with high explosives and Humor!!!

Comment

There are so many things to like about Arizona:

* The Grand Canyon
          * The Sonora Desert
          * Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
          * Mel Holsinger
          * A New, Get Tough Illegal Immigrant Law

Go, Arizona!
          John Roser
          "Adventures In Storage"
          www.usastorageresource.com

Comment

I too, applaud Arizona for having the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the Annointed One and to pass a law that stops the madness. I lived in Tucson for many years and have a five star timeshare in Mexico that I have been afraid to travel to for 5 years. The violence along the border has become an outright war and the media reports very little on it.

This is a budding battle over States rights and Arizona has fired the first shot across the bow.

By the way, high five to Wayne..... Amnesty for all is just another liberal ploy. Hey Wayne, we want to be politically correct, the old term of illegal aliens has been changed to undocumented democrats!

P.S. Mel Holsinger is a great guy, I've known him for years!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Roser View Post
              There are so many things to like about Arizona:

* The Grand Canyon
              * The Sonora Desert
              * Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
              * Mel Holsinger
              * A New, Get Tough Illegal Immigrant Law

Go, Arizona!
              Wow, your coments are appreciated. As to the bill, think of this. Back when my great grandparents came to this country they had to carry with them an id card that showed they were here on a "temporary basis" until they were able to obtain their citizenship. What is so bad about that? If everyone is so upset that they have to show id, how's come no one ever disputes that if you drive you must have a valid drivers license with you at all times?

Hum!!!!! if you are here illegally you might get caught breaking the law? what a novel concept, follow the law.
              Mel Holsinger, President
              Professional Self Storage Management, LLC
              3434 E. Kleindale Ste. E
              Tucson, AZ 85716
              O: 520.320.9135
              F: 520.320.9435
              www.proselfstorage.com

Comment

GO ARIZONA!!!

Now if California could do the same, perhaps we wouldn't have such a budget shortage!
                MamaDuke

Comment

how dare AZ actually believe that laws are meant to be enforced? The state, and its peers along the border, have long since been let down by a federal govt more interested in vote-getting than living up to its Constitutional mandates, and more interested in pandering to a specific constituency than in actually fixing immigration policy.

When the US tried amnesty the first time, in '86, part of the trade off between Reagan and Tip O'Neill was enhanced border security, more enforcement of laws, and crackdowns on those who hired illegals. Can anyone say with a straight face that those happened? Of course, not; instead, we have the usual pap from the usual suspects charing racism, profiling, and denial of rights. Well, 1) hispanic isn't a race; it is a Caucasian of slightly darker hue; 2) it's not like borders are being over-run by Scandinavians..illegals fit a specific demographic and if it makes advocates feel better by calling it profiling, I could not care less; and 3) you cannot be denied rights you do not have.

Comment

I'm all for the bill. It's not like the cops are being granted the powers of random search. When I drive, I'm required to be able to prove that I'm carrying insurance. I don't think that's much different. Besides, what about when we travel to other countries? Seriously?! Are we not allowed to play fair? Who knows, maybe itll raise the lower class just a bit.
                    Consistency- It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup

Comment

Hurray for Arizona!!!! We need to protect our homeland just as any other country does. We are all hurting financially because we just have too many trying to live off our dollars!

Comment

I say..."YEAH ARIZONA!!" I wish someone would come here to CA and school Arnold a bit. I love Arizona, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio and I pray that this new immigration law stays on the books. Arizona just took a giant step FORWARD.
                        Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

Comment

I Hope the Infection that AZ. has will spread like WILDFIRE to rest of our states.
                          It is about time someone said it is time time act on this major money problem for our country because they know how our systems works !

Comment

where do people get off thinking they will be picked on if all is correct with their citzenship. if all papers are in place why worry. i will be surprised if the law will be inforced because as soon as someone is arrested for not being here legally the ACLU will become involved and no one shouts louder then this group. i think this law would sure be a step in the right direction for our country

Comment

Actually, the ACLU and Obama are already weighing in on the bill. Caused me to lose a ton of respect for our Pres. As for the sentiment spreading, check out the commercial done by one of the bidders for governor of Alabama. It's on Yahoo's front page at the moment. Something along the lines of "We speak Engish. If you want to live here, learn it."
                              Consistency- It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X