Arizona Laws for On-Site Manager's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Laws for On-Site Manager's

First let me just say it has been some time since I have posted anything on here; for that I apoligize:-/ I was wondering if anyone could tell me the laws for on-site managers in Arizona.. like legally how long would managers have to vacate the on-site apartment, is housing taken into consideration for unemployment benefits if it is part of the compensation package, if you have vacation time are you entitled to get that pay? As you may tell the owner of the facility that my husband and I work/ worked at decided to hire a management company.. who according to them say that the "goal" is achieved quicker with thier team members; so therefor we are being let go... nothing like getting the carpet pulled out from underneath you . Especially since just last week the owner was saying what an amazing job we were doing...... a little confusing to say the least; and it wasn't just us.. the whole team has been let go. Two on-site managment teams and two relief managers. Ok.... I will stop gripping........ just a little destraught and feeling betrayed... if anyone has any info on AZ. laws I would so much appreciate your input. Oh and we are available for hire

kishanaz

Re: Arizona Laws for On-Site Manager's

As far as your apartment goes, there is some very good information at this thread about on-site apartments and how you are compensated.

http://www.selfstoragetalk.com/day-d...-my-taxes.html

Comment

The apartment compensation is not included in the unemployment benefits.

You are entitled to earned but unused vacation pay.

The time you have to vacate the apartment was likely specified in your employment contract. If not, then I believe it falls under the normal eviction laws. That process is detailed here for you.

Finally, they must give you your final paycheck, including all vacation time owed, within 3 days of the termination. If not, they may owe fees and interest as well.

I would contact the labor board in your area right away for more information.

I had almost the exact same thing happen last June. I'm still recovering from the shock a year later. However, just know you will get through it. Just get through each day as it comes. It may lead to bigger and better things. It did for me. But it's still amazing to be told you're the best of the best and then a week later you're fired. Still hard to wrap my head around. HUGS.
      MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by kishanaz View Post
        First let me just say it has been some time since I have posted anything on here; for that I apoligize:-/ I was wondering if anyone could tell me the laws for on-site managers in Arizona.. like legally how long would managers have to vacate the on-site apartment, is housing taken into consideration for unemployment benefits if it is part of the compensation package, if you have vacation time are you entitled to get that pay? As you may tell the owner of the facility that my husband and I work/ worked at decided to hire a management company.. who according to them say that the "goal" is achieved quicker with thier team members; so therefor we are being let go... nothing like getting the carpet pulled out from underneath you . Especially since just last week the owner was saying what an amazing job we were doing...... a little confusing to say the least; and it wasn't just us.. the whole team has been let go. Two on-site managment teams and two relief managers. Ok.... I will stop gripping........ just a little destraught and feeling betrayed... if anyone has any info on AZ. laws I would so much appreciate your input. Oh and we are available for hire

kishanaz
        Please send me your resume, we manage stores in several states and in particular, Arizona.

Thank you
        Mel Holsinger, President
        Professional Self Storage Management, LLC
        3434 E. Kleindale Ste. E
        Tucson, AZ 85716
        O: 520.320.9135
        F: 520.320.9435
        www.proselfstorage.com

Comment

Hi Mel, what is your email address so that I can send you my resume? Thanks

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, I am hopeful that the future will bring a better owner to work for...... heres to the new adventure on the horizon. I will keep you posted

Comment

I PM'd Mel's email to you.
              MamaDuke

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X