To Vacate or Not to Vacate: The Hawaii Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Vacate or Not to Vacate: The Hawaii Situation

"More than 600 customers of Waikiki Self Storage in Hawaii are waiting to hear if they need to move their belongings out of storage due to possible eviction of the facility. Tenants received a call on Monday indicating the facility might be shut down and they should empty their units.

"On Monday, customers found the storage office completely empty―including the lights―and an eviction notice posted on the door. On Wednesday the companyís corporate headquarters issued a second call saying the facility will stay open; now tenants arenít sure what to do."

More from ISS.

Bizarre situation here -- and I imagine some pretty angry customers. If you're the manager here or if you're Corporate, how do you handle?
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

John I read this article on ISS yesterday. What a bizarre situation! I don't have an answer but I am definitely interested to see what becomes of this. Please keep us updated!
    Stephanie Tharpe
    President
    A+ Management Group, LP
    Nashville, TN
    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

I really hate it when the "big guys" are playing chicken and us little guys get caught in the middle of it.
      Wayne
      Jamestown, ND

All arguments can be resolved ... with high explosives and Humor!!!

Comment

I'm confused and must have missed something. What does the landlord own? The building? The land? In which case why would you put the money into a storage project/conversion for a short 5 year lease? Even in Hawaii with limited land and resources, was that really a smart business decision? You can't just pick up a storage and move it down the street.
        Gina 6k
        twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
        VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
        [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
        I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Re: To Vacate or Not to Vacate: The Hawaii Situation

This is the time you increase your customer's rental and blame it on the landlord.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X