Illinois SSA to Work with Lobbyists to Fight Service Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois SSA to Work with Lobbyists to Fight Service Tax

The proposed service tax on self-storage has met opposition from the state association, which has now contracted with lobby firm Cook-Witter. The association is asking for a $100 pledge from its members to pay the firm.

Would you contribute to your state association to ward off potentially damaging legislation?
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

I am originally from Southern Illinois and I am actually going home this weekend to visit my mother. My parents are business owners up there and I know the state is in dire straits financially. They are one of the 9 states that are still suffering from the recession terribly. I hope the ss people up there can fight the tax on storage.

If it were the case in Texas or Tennessee, I am sure our owners would jump right in and pay the $100. In my opinion, it would be worth every penny.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    President
    A+ Management Group, LP
    Nashville, TN
    www,aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• AngelaESSTX
      Reply to Google Review
      by AngelaESSTX
      Bella_Lindemann We have a place on our vacate notice for a new address. When the tenant gives notice they are moving out, I have them sign it and ask them if their address has changed and to write it on the form as well. We don't prorate move outs so thankfully I don't have to do refunds in that manor....
      Today, 04:49 PM
    • RMRSS
      Reply to "Stop bugging me, man!"
      by RMRSS
      #1 - I'd like to keep my job, so I follow company protocol

#2 - If this guy had simply told me not to call him back, I wouldn't have called him back the 2nd time. Instead he decides to leave me a nasty voicemail. My issue is not what he wanted, but how he went about "asking" for...
      Today, 04:43 PM
    • lady5563
      Reply to Notifying Tenants About Holiday Hours
      by lady5563
      Our home office will send to us a paper sign for the front office door.
      Probably about 2 weeks prior to any upcoming holiday!
      We will also post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
      Today, 04:16 PM
    Working...
    X