Illinois SSA to Work with Lobbyists to Fight Service Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois SSA to Work with Lobbyists to Fight Service Tax

The proposed service tax on self-storage has met opposition from the state association, which has now contracted with lobby firm Cook-Witter. The association is asking for a $100 pledge from its members to pay the firm.

Would you contribute to your state association to ward off potentially damaging legislation?
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

I am originally from Southern Illinois and I am actually going home this weekend to visit my mother. My parents are business owners up there and I know the state is in dire straits financially. They are one of the 9 states that are still suffering from the recession terribly. I hope the ss people up there can fight the tax on storage.

If it were the case in Texas or Tennessee, I am sure our owners would jump right in and pay the $100. In my opinion, it would be worth every penny.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    Senior VP of Operations
    A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
      Reply to The dangers of those rental trucks in the wrong hands
      by Storman
      I'm sure it was bad, but I couldn't watch that video for more than 10 seconds. I need a dramamine.
      Today, 12:16 AM
    • Orkocean
      Reply to new to storage
      by Orkocean
      My father didn't talk about his vietnam days, all I know is he was a gunner in heli's and per my mother telling me stories as a kid he had 2 guns when most had one.. *shrug*... As far as my brother i'm not sure what his role was on the ship, it was late 90's early 2000's timeframe and I recall he went...
      Yesterday, 08:19 PM
    • MamaDuke
      Reply to new to storage
      by MamaDuke
      My father was on the flight deck of the Kitty Hawk during Vietnam. Squadron, vf-213 F4's.

Small world!...
      Yesterday, 08:01 PM
    Working...
    X