storagebattles.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storagebattles.com

In Il are we legally permitted to use the above website for our lien sales?
    Thinking i might give it a shot, but not sure if this meets the standard of our state lien statute.

Re: storagebattles.com

I don't know about the laws in the state of IL say about it. We use storagebattles.com for our auctions (GA). We still go through the same lien process: certified letters, newspaper ads (instead of saying auction is at x time, the ad stated that it ends at X time). It is still being publicly auctioned, so I think it is fine. I know our company has properties in the Chicago area, and they also conduct their auctions on storagebattles.com with no issues.

Hope that helps some!
    Laura

Is there a method to my madness, or a madness to my method?

Comment

Originally posted by a1storageguy View Post
      In Il are we legally permitted to use the above website for our lien sales?
      Thinking i might give it a shot, but not sure if this meets the standard of our state lien statute.
      Have you done any research?
      In NJ I am also allowed to sell a lien unit any way I can!!
      I just recently sold 2 units on storagebattles.com and was quite pleased with the results!!

When you send out your correspondence to the tenant I do believe that you just have to write the date and time.
      On the web site, you post the sale, you pick the date and time it ENDS, so I imagine you would post in the paper the start and finish date and time for bids.
      When you go to publish in your newspaper, here is where you will post that the sale is being placed on storagebattles.com and in place of where you would have published the facilities address.
      The good folks at the web site are available on the phone to help and the web site has a good FAQ section!!!

Good luck!!
      Last edited by lady5563; 16th June 2014, 09:59 AM.
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Not sure if the bill is signed into law yet, but here's a link about the legislation making it clear that online storage auctions are legal in Illinois:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/Bill...ionID=85&GA=98
        Peter Allen
        CTO / Cofounder
        http://www.ebidstorageauctions.com/operators

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X