Great Lakes Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Lakes Expo

It is not too late to attend the Great Lakes Self Storage Expo June 4 & 5 in Lisle IL. Matter of fact if you are interested in a Free Expo Hall Pass for Friday June 5th- I can take care of that!

You can also get information on discounted admittance for the educational sessions on Thursday June 4 by calling 217-528-5230 ext 101. Thursdays speakers include Kyle Zimmerman, Jim Chiswell, Ray Wilson & Jeff Greenberger! Wow- what a great opportunity!

I look forward to meeting other Self Storage Talk members!!
    Julie Aton
    Aton's Self Storage
    Indiana Self Storage Association
    Secretary-Treasurer

Hi Julie:
    Thanks for the plug. Look forward to seeing you next week. I hope that all Illinois owners and managers are helping to take action against the passage in the IL Senate of SB 750. I received the following message from the IL Associattion this afternoon:

Senate Bill 750, moved on to third reading in the Senate last night! It is only one vote away from going over to the House of Representatives. The bill was amended but self storage is still listed as an industry to be taxed! This bill will require all self storage facilities to begin collecting sales tax on every unit rental. This bill (if it passes and ISSA is doing everything it can to try and get self storage removed from the bill) becomes effective upon signing by the Governor. This means you may have to begin collecting sales tax as early as July! Don't rush out and get your ROT certificate just yet. We hope to stall this bill until the fall session but we need your help. [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Call your State Senator and Representative and ask them to vote NO on SB750. Please call today!!!!

If you need to find out who your legislator is use the following link:
    http://www.elections.il.gov/districtlocator/SelectSearchType.aspx

The weekend is a good time to reach legislators back home. Don't let this bill pass because good people thought that someone else would take care of it. I sure won't want to start out July 1 with a 5% or 6% across the board rent increase with no benefit to our facility. Act Now Illinois!!!

MisterJim444
    Learning Never Ends, But Will Time?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• lady5563
      Reply to No you can't use my dumpster.
      by lady5563
      I just ordered 2 new stickers for my dumpsters!
      I found them on Amazon!
      When the dumpster guy comes to collect the trash and he puts the dumpster back down, he is supposed to get out and make sure that the dumpster is locked but sometimes he forgets.
      The other day, I had a tenant who...
      Today, 10:36 AM
    • lady5563
      Reply to Active Military not paying
      by lady5563
      I too have had to track down a Commanding Officer!
      I had my rent money by the end of the day!
      Today, 10:28 AM
    • pacnwstorage
      Reply to Warning & Safety Signs
      by pacnwstorage
      I just can't help myself......"Sasquatch Crossing".

Since you said was in the forest and there has to be a dry season, like late spring and thru the summer, I would also assume there should be "No Smoking" signs all over the place.

Hope there is plenty...
      Today, 12:15 AM
    Working...
    X