Indiana Check IN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Check IN!

If you are a Hoosier and are on SST -- Lets here from you-- how about an introduction-- tell us about you-- your interest in Self Storage and what you like about SST ! Julie

Northwest Indiana here

I'm located in northwest Indiana not far from Merrillville. I'm currently in the market for land but I'm also possibly interested in an existing location. I've been working in the SS biz for about 3 years. By no means does it make me an expert but with a 200 unit facility and an additional 20 space outdoor lot I've achieved 85% in the winter and about 65% to 85% in the summer with better than average rental rates.

Comment

Hey there, I am a Hoosier, but I must admit that I am not living in Indy anymore. I have been in the south for over 20 years now. However I grew up in the Danville area and I graduated from Avon High, ah so many years ago!!! I do like to hear how this industry is doing in the Norther state and I always look hard at the storage that is availible when I come through on visits. Great to hear from some hometown friends. Thawing out yet? I did notice on my last trip up that there seemed to be alot of newer self storage facilities around, how if at all is this helping or hurting your business, again this was in the Indpls, and Danville area.
      Lovin it.

Comment

Almost Hoosier...

Do military brats count? If so, Grissom AFB for about 2 1/2 yrs. Right before they shut it down. Shame too, that was a NICE AFB. Indoor waterslide...Went through the Maconaquah Schools in Bunker Hill for 4th - 6th.
        Consistency- It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup

Comment

Re: Indiana Check IN!

I'm a Hoosier born and raised. Spent over 25 years building residential storage buildings on site before I decided to start self storage on some property I had just sitting. I'm running 2 storage buildings currently but I have the land ready to put 2 more up soon I hope! A lot of new facilities have been going up are here lately. Competition is getting rough!
          Jaxon Industries
          Self-Storage Fort Wayne, Indiana
          Storage Sheds and Buildings

Comment

Check in from Indianapolis....14+ years in the business!

Comment

My mom's family is from Indiana, going back to the mid 1800's. I only vacationed there as a kid at my grandfather's farm, he had about 800 acres near Weisburg (near Cincinnati) but that went away in the 1990's. Family farmhouse (built in 1870's by my great great great grandfather) was on the market for awhile the last 2 years but finally sold before my mom could free up the funds for her retirement farm. Seems that area has been a little distressed financially for the last few years.
              Looking for a position close to Riverside, CA. I don't have to take care of 90 something year old family members anymore but the next generation down can still use a little help!

Comment

We just bought our first storage facility in Kokomo, IN. My business partner and i were both raised in indiana, I in Kokomo and he in West Lafayette. We're excited to see where this takes us. We plan to make this an unmanned facility with kiosk and security system.

Comment

Community Storage has 15 storage units in central Indiana.
                  Michelle Davis
                  Community Storage
                  Muncie, IN
                  www.mycommunitystorage.com

Comment

Born and raised in Indiana (Shelby county close to the Decatur county line then moved to SE side of Indy later close to Wanamaker). Lived there for over 30 years. Helped open the new Indiana State Museum so I have a special place in my heart for that place. Live in the Southwest now. Got into the business when the non-profit sector went belly up. I was a marketing and development professional for several years before entering self storage. I enjoy SST because we don't get to get out and meet people in this industry very much. This is the next best thing. I learn a lot from everyone on here and appreciate the fact that you have this forum for us to gather. :-)

Comment

I currently live in Iowa, but was born and raised in SE Indiana (Batesville).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• lady5563
                        Reply to No you can't use my dumpster.
                        by lady5563
                        I just ordered 2 new stickers for my dumpsters!
                        I found them on Amazon!
                        When the dumpster guy comes to collect the trash and he puts the dumpster back down, he is supposed to get out and make sure that the dumpster is locked but sometimes he forgets.
                        The other day, I had a tenant who...
                        Today, 10:36 AM
                      • lady5563
                        Reply to Active Military not paying
                        by lady5563
                        I too have had to track down a Commanding Officer!
                        I had my rent money by the end of the day!
                        Today, 10:28 AM
                      • pacnwstorage
                        Reply to Warning & Safety Signs
                        by pacnwstorage
                        I just can't help myself......"Sasquatch Crossing".

Since you said was in the forest and there has to be a dry season, like late spring and thru the summer, I would also assume there should be "No Smoking" signs all over the place.

Hope there is plenty...
                        Today, 12:15 AM
                      Working...
                      X