Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Cool Feature About Storage in Panama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Feature About Storage in Panama

From an ISS article by Nancy Torres:

"The self-storage industry began in Panama about 15 years ago, and itís experiencing rapid growth, with about seven completed facilities and as many others on entitlement or under construction. These facilities are operated by local owners and were built according to Panamanian standards.

"When Brazilian company Galores Mini Depůsitos, which was involved with cold storage, wanted to expand its business, Panama City was the logical choice. ..."

Rest of article: http://www.insideselfstorage.com/art...nama-city.html
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

It just so happens that we will be in Panama City Thanksgiving week for vacation! I wonder if we can find their open facility...that would be very cool to visit it, especially since there's nothing my husband loves to do more on vacation then visit a storage facility!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Griz326
      Reply to Market saturation???
      Griz326
      Building incrementally is tough.

* Building a storage unit ain't cheap.
      * It is a nearly irreversible commitment to a certain type of development.

It is the commitment to a certain type of land development that most concerns me.
      Yesterday, 11:24 PM
    • RMRSS
      Reply to Customers who sneak out before gate lockout
      RMRSS
      Yes, being able to send people to collections would pretty much totally reduce my stress in these situations (knowing they wouldn't get away with it), but although our management company (of which I'm an employee, btw, not a partner) has not yet set this up. I do plan to bring it up to the relevant...
      Yesterday, 09:53 PM
    • pacnwstorage
      Reply to Customers who sneak out before gate lockout
      pacnwstorage
      I would send him to collections asap and get that set up, which takes a day. Secondly I would leave a detailed review about him and his company at any number of business review sites. Mainly about him because you have no dealings with his business. Next I would wait for him outside his business and...
      Yesterday, 09:16 PM
    Working...
    X