New Iowa Self Storage Lien Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Iowa Self Storage Lien Law

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislati...ga=88&ba=SF528 Some pretty big changes for us in Iowa, what are other Iowa owners thoughts?

Randy do you ever just dispose of a unit and maybe sell some of it say at a flea market, or e-bay etc etc ?
    Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Yes I have had biddders at my auctions fail to remove contents in the stated time period. If that happens I will go through them myself.

I know it is an option to go through the unit and sell off individual items, but I don't want to go to all that work. In some cases I will allow tenants to abandon units to us as well, and skip the auction process.

Comment

Thanks for the reply We do about the same
        Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clarkstoragellc
          Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
          by Clarkstoragellc
          Do your return and profitability calcs. Parking has a very low return compared to storage. Not a very good first storage investment, unless you happened to find cheap wasteground, or cheap ground that already had hardsurface....
          Today, 06:23 PM
        • Clarkstoragellc
          by Clarkstoragellc
          Customer Considerations:
          CONSIDERATIONS FOR RV OR VEHICLE STORAGE

A. Pull through- The front, pull as far forward as possible, gives the person next to you an easier angle to turn into, from behind you. Align your front with the fronts of all other vehicles. Be...
          Today, 06:22 PM
        • Clarkstoragellc
          by Clarkstoragellc
          Parking info:
          Surface, Canopy, Enclosed.

Just talking Surface.

Have run the numbers about 10 times on Enclosed, but I would have to charge $225 to $350 per month and don't have that market here. Have only seen one location on the interstate near Oklahoma City that had...
          Today, 06:19 PM
        Working...
        X