Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Lien

Hello All!

Our Storage Facility is under new management and we are trying to clean up. We have vehicles that have essentially been abandoned including a boat. We have the registration information on the boat, BUT not the boat trailer. Called DMV and they said that if I don't have the VIN number included in the signed lease document then we can't do a vehicle lien. What now? Do I just have it towed as an abandoned vehicle? What about the other vehicles that I do have a VIN but it is not on the Lease? Couldn't i just write it on there?

Thank you for your time!

Best,

Kara

Re: Vehicle Lien

Hello and welcome

I would contact a local attorney who would be able to view the leases, and be able to guide you. Do not count on DMV, many times the office workers have no idea what is going on, but if you bring a form in completed, they can process it.

It should not cost more than 1hr in attorney fees, and it is well worth it.

I looked at the Nevada DMV website and I can see why their workers would be confused

Good luck, and have fun and enjoy the learning experience
    --
    Ron

http://n6ach.com
    http://laws.n6ach.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by AWLasVegas View Post
      Hello All!

Our Storage Facility is under new management and we are trying to clean up. We have vehicles that have essentially been abandoned including a boat. We have the registration information on the boat, BUT not the boat trailer. Called DMV and they said that if I don't have the VIN number included in the signed lease document then we can't do a vehicle lien. What now? Do I just have it towed as an abandoned vehicle? What about the other vehicles that I do have a VIN but it is not on the Lease? Couldn't i just write it on there?

Thank you for your time!

Best,

Kara
      What timing……….. Just talked to NV DMV about a 4-Runner. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get the mess cleaned up.

We are not in NV, however, we got the OK from our Department Of Transportation to sell.

Here’s the problem:
      1) The vehicle is licensed in NV.
      2) A NV. used car dealer has a $400 lien against the vehicle.
      3) Our state requires a lien release from any lien holder recorded on the previous title record.
      4) The original lien holder won’t come and get the vehicle and is refusing to sign off on the lien.

Here’s what I just located and I am in the process reading. The lady from NV DMV directed me here.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/...S/NRS-487.html

I truly hope you get better answers from DMV than I did.

Comment

Thank you for the information. My Boyfriend is actually attending Boyd which is why I am here in Las Vegas now and he has proven to be a wealth of information, when he has time, First years are intense! Otherwise, I have sent out requests to DMV with what numbers I could find (this was deamed okay by another DMV Rep) and I am just waiting to see what happens.

Otherwise, With the new legislation that is up for review, Would the 60 day waiting period on vehicles apply to the boat or just the boat trailer?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• storable-support
          Reply to StorEdge. Anyone Else having issues logging in?
          by storable-support
          Hi, all. We'd be remiss if we didn't take this opportunity to address this issue and criticism. To begin, I followed up with fishhu1968 privately to further investigate his case yesterday. For all other users who may happen upon this thread, the issue his facility experienced was not related to Chrome...
          Today, 11:32 AM
        • RandyL
          Reply to Auction time
          by RandyL
          The ability to tow lien vehicles was added to Iowa law in 2019, I have not sold a vehicle since then, but I do have a school bus going up for sale in my next sale.

This is for outside parking so I am not going to be looking into getting it towed. But I did call local tow companies to...
          Today, 11:09 AM
        • Brettbyron
          Avoiding REITs
          by Brettbyron
          Hello SST community! I'm a new self storage investor and am working on market due diligence. For my first purchase I'm hoping to avoid markets with REITs and am curious if anyone knows if there's a market characteristic (e.g. population size) below which REITs won't consider investing because it's too...
          Today, 11:08 AM
        Working...
        X