Vehicle Lien again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Lien again

So I am working on vehicle liens right now and I received registration and title information back from the DMV. On one of the vehicles neither the person on the title or registration are the person that rented the parking space. The documents only say to send notice to the "registered and legal" owner of the vehicle. Do I send out notices to these two people and not one to the person who abandoned the vehicle here?

Just need clarification in the matter. Thank you!

Re: Vehicle Lien again

Originally posted by AWLasVegas View Post
    So I am working on vehicle liens right now and I received registration and title information back from the DMV. On one of the vehicles neither the person on the title or registration are the person that rented the parking space. The documents only say to send notice to the "registered and legal" owner of the vehicle. Do I send out notices to these two people and not one to the person who abandoned the vehicle here?

Just need clarification in the matter. Thank you!
    I suggest sending a copy to the person that abandoned it also. It's possible that person bought the vehicle and did not or could not register it. You may also want to contact the police to see if the vehicle had been reported stolen. I recommend you require a copy of the vehicle registration and proof of insurance BEFORE renting a parking space or allowing a vehicle to be parked in a storage unit. We do not allow vehicles unless they are registered and insured by the person/s wanting to store them. Good Luck. Richard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X