Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB 150 - (Nevada) "Electronic Mail" "Confirmation of Reciept"

Hi -

I am reading the new Senate Bill SB150 and trying to get things up to date.

Part of the bill states we have to now send notices by "electronic mail" (in addition to the "verified mail"). The definition of "electronic mail" is shown on the bill and part of the definition states "confirmation of receipt is received". That tells me we need to send the notice via email as well, but need to have proof that the email was read.

How are other NV operators/managers handling this? We currently are sending our emails via QuikStor (our storage software) and do not see an option for receipts of read emails.

Thank you!

Re: SB 150 - (Nevada) "Electronic Mail" "Confirmation of Reciept"

Originally posted by ItsMe View Post
    Hi -

I am reading the new Senate Bill SB150 and trying to get things up to date.

Part of the bill states we have to now send notices by "electronic mail" (in addition to the "verified mail"). The definition of "electronic mail" is shown on the bill and part of the definition states "confirmation of receipt is received". That tells me we need to send the notice via email as well, but need to have proof that the email was read.

How are other NV operators/managers handling this? We currently are sending our emails via QuikStor (our storage software) and do not see an option for receipts of read emails.

Thank you!
    Ah yes, our well intentioned associations and legislators love to change things without contemplating their unintended consequences. Oh well.

There are many ways to confirm the receipt of email. Some providers build this feature into their email software. The court systems throughout the country like to use Rpost.com, which costs money, but is used by lawyers and courts. There are many companies out there that provide this service. Essentially, what you need to do is to find a company/service to use so that you can prove and document your file that emails are being sent.

Comment

Hi ItsMe!

QuikStor does have a place to show all your sent mail. Under the "Tools" menu, you will find "View Outbox". This will open your Outbox which will be defaulted to show all current items. There is a filter which will automatically be highlighted in blue and you can switch it to show all your sent items. They can be filtered by Date sent, Tenant Name, Tenant Email or Subject. If you need any further help finding this, please feel free to give me a call.
      Shaina Cossairt
      Business Development Consultant
      QuikStor Security & Software
      tel:800-321-1987
      fax:818-501-5785
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      www.quikstor.com
      www.quikstorselfstorage.com

Comment

Hi Shaina -

You are correct, Quikstor does that have option. I have used it MANY times and enjoy it. :-)

What we need though, is a "confirmation of receipt" that the email was RECEIVED not sent.

Thank again,

ItsMe

Originally posted by QuikStor_Shaina View Post
        Hi ItsMe!

QuikStor does have a place to show all your sent mail. Under the "Tools" menu, you will find "View Outbox". This will open your Outbox which will be defaulted to show all current items. There is a filter which will automatically be highlighted in blue and you can switch it to show all your sent items. They can be filtered by Date sent, Tenant Name, Tenant Email or Subject. If you need any further help finding this, please feel free to give me a call.

Comment

You are correct. A confirmation of receipt can be achieved through our Outlook Integration. I would like to note that Outlook prompts the person receiving the email whether they would like to send a confirmation or not. Any tenant can choose to click NO and the site will not receive a confirmation that it was received. You will receive a Newsletter soon with further details on what your options will be through QSX. If you dont mind, can you send me a private message with your site name and email address so I can verify it is correct in our system and ensure you receive the Newsletter?
          Shaina Cossairt
          [email protected]
          [email protected]
          www.quikstor.com

Comment

Hi Shaina -

Thank you for your information. After some further research, it appears we can use "ReadNotify" (www.readnotify.com) The cost is $36 a year and you can send up to 2,000 emails a year for that price. I gave it try with Quikstor and it seemed to work great.

We do currently receive your emails and newsletters.

Thank you again -

ItsMe

Originally posted by QuikStor_Shaina View Post
            You are correct. A confirmation of receipt can be achieved through our Outlook Integration. I would like to note that Outlook prompts the person receiving the email whether they would like to send a confirmation or not. Any tenant can choose to click NO and the site will not receive a confirmation that it was received. You will receive a Newsletter soon with further details on what your options will be through QSX. If you dont mind, can you send me a private message with your site name and email address so I can verify it is correct in our system and ensure you receive the Newsletter?

Comment

Looks like your two steps ahead of me! I was just going to post information about the same site as well. I am glad it will work well for you. We have another Nevada facility doing the same thing.
              Shaina Cossairt
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              www.quikstor.com

Comment

Shaina -

I think I might be the other Nevada facility you are referencing. I have been in contact with Manny about this. :-)

Comment

Yes, it does look like it =)
                  Shaina Cossairt
                  [email protected]
                  [email protected]
                  www.quikstor.com

Comment

At the informational seminar on the new SB150 changes, they said to use the certificate of mailing when sending out the lien letters. Of course this entails going to the post office again, I had been using Stamps.com to print out the postage for certified mail. But it doesn't cover the certificate of mailing. I guess we just can't get away from making the trek to the post office after all.

Comment

Hi -

Thank you for joining in! :-)

Our lovely mail person takes my certified mail - stamps it at the post office and brings me back the receipt the next day. I have been so spoiled! Thankfully, she is going to continue it with the Certificate of Mailings too. WHEW!

Did the seminar talk about "Electronic Mail" and the "confirmation of receipts" from them? (emails) I am wondering what service they suggested for the confirmation of the receipts from the emails.

Thanks again -

ItsMe

Originally posted by Sharon Lynn View Post
                      At the informational seminar on the new SB150 changes, they said to use the certificate of mailing when sending out the lien letters. Of course this entails going to the post office again, I had been using Stamps.com to print out the postage for certified mail. But it doesn't cover the certificate of mailing. I guess we just can't get away from making the trek to the post office after all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X