Storage in Carson City, NV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage in Carson City, NV?

Hi, I may need to rent a very small (5x5) unit in the Carson City area in the near future. Does anyone here run a site there or, do you know of a great place to recommend? Any leads are appreciated.

Oh, and if you know a mover that makes frequent runs between that area/Reno/Tahoe and the SF Bay Area, that info would be helpful also.

I have some furniture that was in use by our son & daughter in law, but it wants to come back home now. Thanks for any help.
    Gina 6k
    twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
    VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
    [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
    I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Re: Storage in Carson City, NV?

You might look at Uship.com, you can list on there what you need shipped and where you need it picked up and delivered and independent shippers can bid on your load. If they're coming through there anyway with room on a truck, they often will throw your stuff on inexpensively to offset costs. This is the site they feature on "Shipping Wars" if you've ever stumbled on that TV show. Carson City isn't too far off the beaten track, you might have good luck.

I've entertained doing it myself when I run to Salt Lake to see the in-laws, wouldn't be hard to take my pickup instead of the Suburban and pay for gas with a dirt bike or sofa in the bed.

I recently had my daughter's wrecked car brought from Salt Lake back to the SF Bay Area, just so happens I found a guy on Craigslist that was returning from Canada to SF with an empty race trailer. He drove his 100k racing Corvette into the wall and it wasn't even worth bringing home. He was thrilled to pick it up my daughter's car and have me pay $300 for gas. The next lowest estimate I got to bring it here was $600.

If you don't get recommendations for storage in Carson, I have a buddy in Gardnerville I could ask, he's my alarm guy.
    In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I've only seen the PR for that tv show, but it looks interesting. Thanks for the tip, it looks very promising. I just have to look up the measurements, upload the photos and guess at the weight. So far, I like the customer service I've received from their website.
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Well, don't watch the show then. I wouldn't give some of the bozos on that show my trash to haul to the dump. As with Storage Wars, they've clearly selected the "stars" based on zany characteristics and not quality.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X