Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Can you do an Online Lien Auction and still be within the Ohio Lien Law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you do an Online Lien Auction and still be within the Ohio Lien Law?

Hoping I can chat with someone within my state who has held online auctions. I am pulling my information from Self Storage Legal by Jeffrey Greenberger: I still have large concerns about the ability to conduct sales online in Ohio given that the term commercially reasonable is defined as requiring bidders to attend the sale at the “place advertised”

His concern seems valid to me. I finally got my approval to call a local auctioneer to get the ball rolling on my units; but, if I can figure out if Online Auctions in Ohio will still meet all the requirements set out by the Ohio Lien Law it would give me a 2nd option and I imagine a more profitable than paying the Auctioneer fees.
    Canton, OH - Hall of Fame City

Re: Can you do an Online Lien Auction and still be within the Ohio Lien Law?

I would think that "attending" an auction at the place advertised does not mean it has to be in person. People hold auctions all the time and have bidders on the phone or they can "attend" online and bid there. It is still better to be safe than sorry though. Good luck.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Thanks! I have also reached out to the Ohio SSA & am waiting to hear back from them. If I do I will update here as well.
      Canton, OH - Hall of Fame City

Comment

When placing the ad in the newspaper, you just have to make sure it say's something like this....

Public Auction
        On November 18, 2015, XYZ Self Storage, will be holding an online auction listed with www.StorageBattles.com. Final bids will be placed by 12:00 PM (Noon) for units located at 1234 Main Street. Any Town, Any State. The following unit’s will be sold at public auction. Listed below is the unit number along with the name and a brief description of the contents.
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

+1. Also i would say that after looking HERE it seems that all of the big guys around you hold auctions on there so it seems it can be done. Checking up does not hurt though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X