Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid guidelines

Afternoon all,

Our company is considering buying a property in Oregon and while I found some info via the state association page it only refers to a recent bill as "may" effect operators. Anyone who operates in the state mind a quick summary of the do's/don'ts currently? The bill mentioned no lien sales, lockouts or late fee's until sept 30th.

pacnwstorage 208manager

I searched the forums and came up with these 2 operators from Oregon. Maybe they can help shed some light on it for you.

Comment

It is a very fluid situation. COVID numbers are starting to climb after being kept to a minimum, but reopening changed that. There are tons of protections in place for renters of all sorts. It keeps changing. September 30th is the last "update" that I'm aware of. Every shop keeper just keeps Googling and watching local news to find out what can and can't be done. You'll have better luck getting more current info on https://www.oregon.gov/Pages/index.aspx

Even then, it's more generic info.

Renters can take until March of 2021 to pay back rent on apartments and homes, but I've yet to find anything definitive on storage rentals. You could call and ask these folks if they have any further info. Business Oregon's Navigator Hotline at 833-604-0880
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Hi,
        I have 2 facilities in Oregon. One in downtown Portland and the other in a suburb, Hillsboro.

The current state directives are really really vague. We have suspended late fees and are not doing auctions right now. We keep a very very low past due so it was more a show of goodwill and we didn't lose much income, It isn't clear that we cannot do these activities but we have decided not to for now.

Be very careful in the Portland market - it is overbuilt. Both of my facilities that have been there for 20+ years are being surrounded by Extra Space and others within 2 miles. The number of units flooding the market has really decreased our occupancy and revenues.

best of luck

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The facility is in the Salem area they are considering so thankfully not in Portland.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
            Reply to Disaster In Iowa
            by RandyL
            Clarkstoragellc T_Champeau

Thanks for the great advice luckily this is not my first disaster. But I have come across many lessons learnt that I will need to improve on for the future. In regards to tenant notifications, and use of cloud computing software.

I have just...
            Today, 01:46 AM
          • Clarkstoragellc
            Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
            by Clarkstoragellc
            Do your return and profitability calcs. Parking has a very low return compared to storage. Not a very good first storage investment, unless you happened to find cheap wasteground, or cheap ground that already had hardsurface....
            Yesterday, 06:23 PM
          • Clarkstoragellc
            Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
            by Clarkstoragellc
            Customer Considerations:
            CONSIDERATIONS FOR RV OR VEHICLE STORAGE

A. Pull through- The front, pull as far forward as possible, gives the person next to you an easier angle to turn into, from behind you. Align your front with the fronts of all other vehicles. Be...
            Yesterday, 06:22 PM
          Working...
          X