Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Tennessee Legislation Eliminates Newspaper Ad Mandate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Tennessee Legislation Eliminates Newspaper Ad Mandate!

I am SO EXCITED! Our lien law has been updated!

Effective July 1, 2020, the new law allows the storage facility owner to advertise any sale of a tenant’s personal property in a commercially reasonable manner. The new law recognizes that public notice to drive bidders to a sale now occurs from online auction sites, social media, and from use of the storage facility mailing lists. Of course, newspaper advertising would still be permissible, but the new law removes the mandate of the old law that required the use of newspaper advertising.

As the 2020 President of TNSSA, I could not be more proud of our Board of Directors, our legislative committee and our dedicated members.

Way to Go Tennessee!

Stephanie Tharpe
    President
    A+ Management Group, LP
    Nashville, TN
    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

I think that would be welcome in every state.

Comment

How would someone go about getting the legislation changed for our state? This is one of the biggest reasons we don't have as many auctions as we should have.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
        How would someone go about getting the legislation changed for our state? This is one of the biggest reasons we don't have as many auctions as we should have.
        It's best to work with the State Association. They're the ones that usually push to get these things changed.
        MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

It's best to work with the State Association. They're the ones that usually push to get these things changed.
          Thank you for that info. I will start there. I've heard it can be a long process, but it'd be totally worth it.

Comment

Oh Stephanie! That is wonderful news!
            I hope all states adopt this!
            Congratulations!
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Thank you everyone! We are so excited that this got pushed through because our State Government just shut down today and are not reconvening until 2021. (Keep in mind, Nashville has protesters invading our capital and that has not stopped. It is literally daily).

AngelaESSTX YES. Start with your association and their legislative committee. We had a lobbyist and we had to secure a Representative to sponsor our bill and then all of our members made calls and sent emails across the state. It cost us a lot of time and money too, so your association needs to be prepared for that. Well worth it!!
              Stephanie Tharpe
              President
              A+ Management Group, LP
              Nashville, TN
              www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
              www.tnssa.net

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
                Reply to Charging a deposit
                by Storman
                I hold a $30 fully refundable deposit. It's extremely useful.

1) I make a big point in my phone pitch, email response and in-person tour of telling the customer that I do not charge ANY fees. No admin fee, no computer fee, no setup fee, no fees whatsoever that all the REITs around me are...
                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
              • CoolAir
                Reply to Charging a deposit
                by CoolAir
                We charge a non-refundable Admin Fee of $25 which includes disc lock, key ring, pen and letter opener (to open disc lock). No complaints yet....
                Yesterday, 04:56 PM
              • Clarkstoragellc
                Reply to Photo Thread
                by Clarkstoragellc
                Other things to do with a Storage location. Spending more time at the new location, so made it more homey. Flowers in full bloom. Eggplant, peppers and tomatoes starting to come in.

Yesterday, 01:24 PM
              Working...
              X