Washington State Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Check-In

Hey Washingtonians, post here to say hello and be counted! I just visited your great state on my vacation. Loved it! Had myself some delicious apples and granola up in Bellingham. I took a ton of great photos in and around Seattle -- what a beautiful city to live in! Water and mountains on both sides, Mount Rainer, it's great. I could definitely see myself living there.

The only drawback was how lousy the I-5 traffic was, ha. And this is from a guy who lives in Chicago.
    John Carlisle
    Community Manager Emeritus
    Still a Big Fan of Self-Storage!
    www.chicagoprowriter.com

Re: Washington State Check-In

I am a new Washingtonian, I just traded in my Texas DL for WA DL last week.

Comment

Hey Sundiver, how's Washington treating you so far? What do you do in the industry?

I'll bet summer's a little cooler now, right?
      John Carlisle
      www.chicagoprowriter.com

Comment

It is much nicer weather here at the moment and lots of greenry. I am looking forward to when the blackberries finally get ripe. Blackberry cobbler and pie and smoothies. Yum.

I am no longer in the industry since I am now jobless. I will look once again for work as an assistant manager or something else in the storage industry in this area. I have tried a couple places so far but nothing yet. I was manager at a fairly small storage facility in north Texas previously. I am just north of Vancouver, WA. Would be nice to find a job within a few miles.

Comment

I'm a Washingtonian (Maple Valley area) currently displaced (but blessed with a job nevertheless) in the Midwest. Moving back to Washington, though. Currently managing a self-storage facility and loving my customers and what I am learning here and want to do the same back in Washington. I eventually want to purchase but for now am content with managing and learning all I can. Kiss the ground for me, Sundiver! I miss it so much my heart aches daily. LOL! I know that sounds like a cheesy love novel line but it's true! Stay in touch and let us know how your job search is going or about your new job! :-)

Comment

Just got back from Tacoma. Took a trip up into Seattle on Wednesday night. Great area! It was great to meet so many Washingtonians at the Expo.
            John Carlisle
            www.chicagoprowriter.com

Comment

Its been 1 year since the last posting on this thread and just over that since I moved to Washington, but this week I started my first full work days of my new job back at a storage facility working for a local management company in the storage industry. Its only 2 days a week as relief mananger but I am glad for that much.

Comment

Seattle area here. Currently Operating 4 Facilities in the area and looking to Purchase more.
                Been doing this not for just over 2 years and still learning. It has been an interesting change from what I use to do..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X